beltech stuff

04CHASE

they do ride pretty nice i have no complaints. i will admit when going over bumps at speed it doesent get that bounce like the shock is traveling upward. it sticks to the ground pretty well, cornering isnt a huge improvement but it is a little better.

How about on the freeway chase?? Mine bounces all over the place, especially on the 91 and im sure you know of it there. How was the ride on the freeway before compared to after?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent been on the 91 latley but the 10 gets pretty bad between the 15 and the 215 its still bad imo.

one other thing i did forget to mention is jon and i went to gledora rdige w while back and i can say that my truck handles pretty daym good, i know i have a few things to help but man it went through some twisty turns as fast as a little sports car i was really impressed. the one thing that i didnt like was the tires squeal badly . i could actually smell burning rubber after a drive through the hill!!

Yea thats cool man i like your truck alot. Its just ever since i lowered my truck it got worse on teh freeways, but that was also the time i took the rear bumper off spare tire and hitch. so the weight plus the stock shocks being compressed more could be the thing.

So one last question, will those shocks work for my truck? same drop as jons, closer to a 3/4 i believe, and you said you have a 2/3. i think i wanna try these out. :thumbs:

Its just ever since i lowered my truck it got worse on teh freeways, but that was also the time i took the rear bumper off spare tire and hitch.

I hear ya on that! When I get on the 710 between the 405 and 91, I swear that my tonneau cover is going to fly off. :crazy: I think I just might invest in some aftermarket shocks soon. Anything has to be better than stock right? :dunno:

Its just ever since i lowered my truck it got worse on teh freeways, but that was also the time i took the rear bumper off spare tire and hitch.

I hear ya on that! When I get on the 710 between the 405 and 91, I swear that my tonneau cover is going to fly off. :crazy: I think I just might invest in some aftermarket shocks soon. Anything has to be better than stock right? :dunno:

That's not necesarily true. Bilstiens are a great shock.

Jim

I hope so...going to the beach last night with 4 pallets in the bed and 3 people in the truck suspention was way soft, felt almost as if the front shocks were blown out. just kept on going. and yea that 710 is nasty :smash:

The freeway pogo-truck syndrome is caused by a combination of the long wheelbase going over the freeway expansion joints and the stiff rear leaf springs. The 405 north of the 101 is also really bad. The stock springs are meant to carry weight, so when the truck is empty it bounces, and when there is weight in the back it smooths out. When I changed my springs out, I noticed a decrease in freeway pogo truck but, a firmer ride on the street. Belltech makes (lowering) leafs as we all know, but there is also a company called Western Chassis that makes a rear leaf spring which is supposed to ride really nice. Either one will have a slightly (25%?) less weight capacity, but I don't use it for hauling more than 500-600 lbs max so that doesn't mater to me. I would like to change my shocks also though, as I have too much bounce in the front now. Does it ever end?

That's not necesarily true. Bilstiens are a great shock.

Jim

So are you saying the stockers are bilstiens?

I also have the Belltech Nitro shocks and soft bumpstops, along with the Belltech spindles & McG's rear drop and I noticed a significant improvement in the ride. By that I mean that the stock shocks with the 3-3 drop did not have much rebound control, and the front end would bounce excessively over large dips. It is much improved. ;)

As for freeway hop, there is a way to limit it somewhat, but it is expensive! The combination of OUR WHEELBASE, and this goes for all makes of extended cab pickups, with leaf springs equals hop. The best way to solve it is to install the Air Ride Technologies 5-link that replaces the leaves entirely. I did this to my '02 Chevy & it was nice. I'm just not sure if a want to cut my frameonthis truck as I intend to keep it a long time.

Good to hear another persons view.  :thumbs:

im going to proabbly be in your neck of the woods september alex for truck jam in long beach at the veterans stadium the 30 th of sept. you rmore than welcome to go for a ride and see how you like the shocks in person. you should bring the truck down too!

Good to hear another persons view.  :thumbs:

im going to proabbly be in your neck of the woods september alex for truck jam in long beach at the veterans stadium the 30 th of sept. you rmore than welcome to go for a ride and see how you like the shocks in person. you should bring the truck down too!

Who's all going? I might be down to roll!

A ride would be great. :thumbs: