Took off the badges

i helped debadge my buddy's tbss and i remembered what a pita it was, i wish i still had the rubber wheel for removing adheisive crap those work so well .

here ya go.

Eraser wheel 3M

Those things work great. Time consuming, but worth it.

I would take the moldings off, too. I like the clean look. :thumbs:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good :thumbs:

How'd you take them off?  I don't want to take my ss badges off, but I would like to take the dealership thing off.

Just used a heat gun and ALOT of picking at it with my fingers, my fingertips are sore today haha

:thumbs:

sleep....slEEP.....SLEEP!!!

Thats right! :thumbs:

Be prepared for a lot of damaging door dings ... instead of hitting the molding ... they are hitting metal

Thats not good, nobody better be hittin it in the first place though :nono:

I agree ... but I am just giving you full disclosure about what people bitch about after taking them off.

Seems like I read once that you can use waxed dental floss to remove badging. You just wrap it around your fingers and slide it behind the badge and use a sawing motion to cut through the double-sided tape. Don't know what you would use to get the rest of the tape loose from the paint though?! Goof-off maybe? :dunno:

hmm dental floss does seem like it might work. i know on my s-10 i took the dealer sticker thing off and it left that shit on the paint. oh well you live and learn i guess only time will tell. but i will try the dental floss.

I hesitated on this reply , but here goes. I've considered debadging the SSS. I know, Some may consider this to be sacreligous or something. I'm sure this discussion must have come up here before, still I would like get some feedback good, bad, or indifferent.

Damn it must have taken 10min to write this post, I'm recovering from some minor surgery and must be more loopy than I thought I was. Evey other word I write has to be fuxed.

P.S. Max looks good, I agreewith moldings off door dings are inevitable , moldings or not

Edited by tehoatim (see edit history)

i can see where people might feel its not right to remove there emblems or what not. i feel like its your vehicle you do what you want. i think it would be nice due to everyone is starting to figure out what the 2wd vortec max's can do. i dont know what it can do yet and it sucks but oh well. so yah i am going to take mine off and give it the sleeper look. to the average person they will think 5.3l at the biggest. so i say go for it. i dont have an sss though.