Lingenfelter GT2-3 LS1 Camshaft

i believe there are 2 or 3 members in the mid/high 12's with a gt2-3 & radix combo (plus other odds and ends/bolt ons etc.)

i went with the gt2-3 for drivability reasons and having done research... its a pretty popular radix cam (being that lingenfelter uses it in their radix/"supercharged" packages /cars/trucks) that and the proven numbers posted up by the 2 or 3 members on here with that cam...

the other cam i was interrested in (my buddy has it in his LS-1 powered (radix'd) 05' Z-71) is a lingenfelter GT-7.... he claims the cam to be an "updated" version of the GT2-3... :dunno: i liked the GT2-3 profile a bit more... tried calling Lingenfelter... couldnt really get a straight answer out of them (asked the same question to two diff. people there and got completely diff. answeres as to which is more specific to my/our application...

so in conclusion... im a believer in the GT2-3.... and hopefully within a week or two ill be able to back that belief with numbers etc. etc. etc.

(and hopefully those numbers arent broken trans pieces :P )

Edited by FuelSlut (see edit history)

Nice work Slut :thumbs:

I will be looking to hear the results.

No I just need to find a good spring tool, and Berzerker I still feel iffy about the lifter retainers. I remember they did pull out hard from those plastic pieces. Maybe I just need to suck it up and just do it.

ok..once again something i dont know about engines haha. but the gt2-3 cam would it benifit me at all to get if i only have a cai, corsa catback, and custom tune? and if it is good to get what can i get from this? thanks again for any help

That is good to hear that it comes highly recommended, I was curious to see how it works with the procharger. 

How are you getting yours in?  You doing it yourself, or having someone do it for you?

I am curious too, hopefully I can do it this weekend.

I installed my current TR224, so the hard part (valve springs) is already done. It is easy, and like everyone said..don't waste your time or $$ on those lifter tools (like I did!!).

I used the Crane valve spring tool. Pricey, but you do 2 at a time.

so are there any recommendations on what cam to look at for my truck? the only thing i plan on doing in the near future is custom tune. i see everyone is talking about the gt2-3 would that be a good choice? i know shit about all the numbers that deal with the cams. so yah any thoughts would be appreciated.

Edited by firervfd37 (see edit history)

Which Procharger unit do you have and what pulley are you currently running smithl3???

firervfd37: What all uses do you have for your truck and what are your future plans for mods.

Which Procharger unit do you have and what pulley are you currently running smithl3???

firervfd37: What all uses do you have for your truck and what are your future plans for mods.

Zippy,

I have th P1SC unit with a 3.6 pulley right now. I have been chasing my tail to get the advertized 9 lbs of boost. Had a 3.7 and saw 8 lbs, got a 3.6 Riechard Racing and still see right over 8 lbs. When it is freezing out I can hit close to 10 lbs @ redline.

What are you thinking?? ;)