Installed PCM

Just installed my PCM and the truck runs great! Only problem is that my engine fans are running on high. I can hear them running while I'm driving and they sound loud from outside too. Anyone know why this is happening? Only mod I have is a Volant CAI.

Also, I like the firm shift points. Feels good, but will it put alot more stress on my tranny for everyday driving?

Thanks guys

the e-fans are loud as hell on mine as well. its especially loud if you have the air on when the e-fans are trying to cool everythign down. as far as the firmer shit points sometimes a part of me is worried that im killing the tranny (especially first gear) but i only really think that because EVERYONE who gets in the truck thinks the tranny is about to die. from what ive heard and read the firmer shift points are actually good for the tranny as it relieves a lot of stress from the tranny.

:banghead: Well....you guys probably figured it out way before I did...yup...thats right....I'm retarded :crazy: ...Stock t-stat is 190* or somthin...My PCM thinks it is a 160* so my fans are tryin to keep it cool, thats why they are running all high. So I guess its a quick fix, I'll jus throw a 160* on there. Is on-line the only way to get em? Anyone know of any places that might be in the san diego area to pick one up today?

As I have said before, the PCM does not have a way of seeing what temp your stat is. Your fans changed because whomever tuned your PCM made changes to the fan settings. However, the stat can be affecting it because it is not getting below the temp settings.

As I have said before, the PCM does not have a way of seeing what temp your stat is.  Your fans changed because whomever tuned your PCM made changes to the fan settings.  However, the stat can be affecting it because it is not getting below the temp settings.

I called bryan at pcmforless and told him how the PCM is setup for a 160* stat and I still have the stock one...He said its fine to run it like that till I throw the 160* in there next week, and he said thats why the fans are running so much more and higher then usual.

the e-fans are loud as hell on mine as well. its especially loud if you have the air on when the e-fans are trying to cool everythign down. as far as the firmer shit points sometimes a part of me is worried that im killing the tranny (especially first gear) but i only really think that because EVERYONE who gets in the truck thinks the tranny is about to die. from what ive heard and read the firmer shift points are actually good for the tranny as it relieves a lot of stress from the tranny.

Hey Drako or anyone else, when I'm just crusin around town which is where most of my driving is...every time it shifts from 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd it kicks pretty hard, can get annoying after a while. Is everyone elses truck like this after the PCM tune? Also Drako do you remember where you saw the info on the firm shifts actually being better for the tranny?

Bryan tuned my truck. I love how the shifts feel they are nice and crisp. My dad has a tune from another tuner and my shifts are a little more noticeable than his. I have had my tune for about 2 years now and the only complaint I had about my tune is when the tech from the dealership overwrote part of the tune and put my shiftpoints back to stock. Bryan was also cool in helping me get my truck fixed back to how he had it tuned.

Bryan tuned my truck. I love how the shifts feel they are nice and crisp.  My dad has a tune from another tuner and my shifts are a little more noticeable than his. I have had my tune for about 2 years now and the only complaint I had about my tune is when the tech from the dealership overwrote part of the tune and put my shiftpoints back to stock. Bryan was also cool in helping me get my truck fixed back to how he had it tuned.

Could it be different on my VHO since I have the 4:10's in it? Or do your guys truck have the same gearing? Because I think this type of kick in the shift would be real noticeable to anyone who isn't a hardcore racer.

Bryan tuned my truck. I love how the shifts feel they are nice and crisp.  My dad has a tune from another tuner and my shifts are a little more noticeable than his. I have had my tune for about 2 years now and the only complaint I had about my tune is when the tech from the dealership overwrote part of the tune and put my shiftpoints back to stock. Bryan was also cool in helping me get my truck fixed back to how he had it tuned.

you know my truck hasn't felt the same since i did the 30000 mile tune from the dealer....ya think they change something? i bought it used...never knew what was done to her other than cai and exhaust...did 120 no prob...could beat a hemi but since the tune....its not the same...i think i need pcm4less

Robert