Chevy trivia questions

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who know's what this is???

38962407.jpg

Last time I posted this only the female knew what it was.

Small block I would have guessed a Camaro, maybe a big block SCCA attempt?

A one off strange big block cross ram canyon burner?

:dunno:

Camaro maybe?

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

Looks like the cross ram intake from the 302...but looks like a big block....In 83 Chevy built 70 "engineering" Vettes...they say probably more than 1 slipped into private hands but they dont know for sure......84 Vettes were introduced in March of 83.... supposedly the idea to skip a year was thought up back in 77....they decided on a redesign in 83 for the 30th Anniv and it was a flop....so they skipped it...84 had a quoted 205 horsepower...they said they had closer to 350 horse under a "cmpetition tune".........guess they were gettin tunes back in the day.......HPT?..lol....jp

Edited by ChevyMan23 (see edit history)

Those are porcupine 302 heads developed by Chevrolet and Smokey Yunick for Trans Am racing. They are similar to a big block Chevy head. I've seen that car at Super Chevy. I think that was the holy grail of small block Chevy racing engines of the day

Dave

what year was power steering introduced into the corvette?

1963?

:thumbs::cheers:

Yeah, but do you guys know who INVENTED power steering? (clue: the patent is still in his name)

Mr. P. :)

OH! OH! OH! I know the answer Mister P!...Smokey Yunick :D

Yeah, but do you guys know who INVENTED power steering?  (clue: the patent is still in his name)

OH! OH! OH! I know the answer Mister P!...Smokey Yunick :D

:thumbs: Right-on Birthday Boy! I am a huge Smokey Yunick fan. BTW, you did get laid last night, right?! :jester::cheers:

No 1983 Corvette

Did you know there actually WERE a little under 50 1983 Corvettes made? I think they were never sold to the public, but I'm not positive.

One sits in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY...

I believe it was 43 total produced...only one left vin'd as an '83 (the one in the museum)...

the other 42 were destroyed or used for parts on '84's! :thumbs:

~Brian

No 1983 Corvette

Did you know there actually WERE a little under 50 1983 Corvettes made? I think they were never sold to the public, but I'm not positive.

One sits in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY...

I believe it was 43 total produced...only one left vin'd as an '83 (the one in the museum)...

the other 42 were destroyed or used for parts on '84's! :thumbs:

~Brian

:withstupid: That's what I've heard as well, but I've also heard that the rest of the 83's just got re-tagged as 84's. Which is true? :dunno: