Chevy trivia questions

No 1983 Corvette

Did you know there actually WERE a little under 50 1983 Corvettes made? I think they were never sold to the public, but I'm not positive.

One sits in the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY...

I believe it was 43 total produced...only one left vin'd as an '83 (the one in the museum)...

the other 42 were destroyed or used for parts on '84's! :thumbs:

~Brian

:withstupid: That's what I've heard as well, but I've also heard that the rest of the 83's just got re-tagged as 84's. Which is true? :dunno:

Only "The Shadow" knows. :cool:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but do you guys know who INVENTED power steering?  (clue: the patent is still in his name)

Mr. P. :)

OH! OH! OH! I know the answer Mister P!...Smokey Yunick :D

:thumbs: Right-on Birthday Boy! I am a huge Smokey Yunick fan. BTW, you did get laid last night, right?! :jester::cheers:

I'm big fan also. Buddy of mine did make it to Daytona right before they tore town his garage about 2 years ago. I wish I could have gone with them.

As for the other: a joke is in order

A man is being wheeled into surgery. Just before the anesthesiologist puts him under he asks the surgeon: " Doc , will I still be able to have sex?"

The doctor replies: "Of course not! You're married!" :yellow_loser::jester:

Did consume a lot of hops and barley :cheers:

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

Yeah, but do you guys know who INVENTED power steering?  (clue: the patent is still in his name)

:thumbs: Right-on Birthday Boy! I am a huge Smokey Yunick fan. BTW, you did get laid last night, right?! :jester::cheers:

I'm big fan also. Buddy of mine did make it to Daytona right before they tore town his garage about 2 years ago. I wish I could have gone with them.

A man is being wheeled into surgery. Just before the anesthesiologist puts him under he asks the surgeon: " Doc , will I still be able to have sex?"

Brian.....

No free car wash......I thought you said they took out the swingset but left the playground (inside joke here....) :jester:

Whats the difference between lets say a 1970 chevelle front fender and door compared to a 1970 elcamino fender and door?

the elky door has a window frame...

and its shorter I think too...

and the elky fender is longer!

:thumbs:

Edited by Escalade SS (see edit history)

Brian.....

No free car wash......I thought you said they took out the swingset but left the playground (inside joke here....) :jester:

Nursery... took the nursery, left the playground.

:crackup::crackup:

Whats the difference between lets say a 1970 chevelle front fender and door compared to a 1970 elcamino fender and door?

The 70 El camino fender has the same body line as a 69 Chevelle, and the same basic shape. You could actually put that fender on a 69 Chevelle with a 70 Cowl hood. From 69 and down Chevelle/Elcamino/Wagon fenders are all the same. The 70 Elcamino door also has the 69 Chevelle body line, and the door frame is curved on the top rear corner. I have a pair of NOS 70 El camino front fenders (thank god I found them they're tough).

Dave

P.S You're not gonna stump me on Chevelle/El camino stuff