Latest Dyno runs

Here is my latest dyno graph. The TQ Converter was NOT LOCKED! 485 peak HP and 533 peak TQ. Its what is under the curve that counts though ;)

Things I like:

1. Fueling is no issue here. I can hold 11.9 strait through 6500RPMs

2. TQ is where I want it

3. HP didn't fall off in the upper RPMs. It pretty much held till the 6500 mark.

4. This was not an absolute run...i.e. The engine was HOT as one of my FAL fan motors chose to crap out. I expect another 10-15 RWHP on a cool motor. The converter was not locked. I would expect another 20HP to the wheels with it locked. The dyno runs were not for show, just a tool for tuning.

Things I didn't like:

1. I was only able to dial in a pitiful 3* of overall timeing with the meth and 90 mm TB. I had some KR around 4-5krpms. Hope it is false, but the tune was left conservative on that note. Having 52 RWHP from a 90 TB radix mod is not the case in my application. I would like to see hard data from other's that do the 90 TB as well as I saw NO decrease in IAT's with it and I would say it is worth 10-15HP to the wheels. :smash:

2. The dyno had difficulty picking up spark so I would have occasional RPM logs with the dyno curve.

3. I cut my thumb pretty bad removing my front drive shaft and had to get a half dozen stitches :cry:

Click on the picture to zoom in. :chevy:

EDIT: The ambient temp was 80* and was in the 50's RH.

Dyno_Meth_run_4.jpg

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those are some awesome numbers. What is it with you and cutting your hands?? You guys should have seen his hands after he worked on my radix.

post-4893-1148657630_thumb.jpg

I think im gonna have to send you over a box of these bad boys. :thumbs:

Great numbers - can't wait to see what more tweaking will yield. :cool:

On the 90mm TB issue...I'm not a fan of the overly-high numbers that get thrown about with these mods, I don't understand the rationale behind pumping them up beyond what they really are. I routinely see mod increases lumped in with tuning increases and corrections for overly rich or conservative tunes. It's a huge disservice to all of us. :nono:

nice #'s i wonder if they would actually be less on an aed dyno though? i would be pretty happy with those #'s . hopefully i can get my tuck on a dyno sometime soon!

Mods:

1. Flex-a-lite 282 electric fans, PCM controlled with manual override

2. SLP 160* Thermostat

3. ASM LS1 Headders

4. True High Flow Cats

5. Custom X pipe

6. Dual Magnaflow mufflers

7. Volant air box

8. SLP LS1 camshaft (216/222 115LSA)

9. Comp 918 valve springs, Ti retainers, locks

10. Magnacharger Radix liquid intercooled Supercharger 2.8” pulley (9psi boost)

11. Pinned Crank Shaft pulley

12. Corvette LS2 90MM Throttle body, ported Radix “J” tube.

13. Snow Performance Methanol Injection with progressive control.

14. FLT Level 5 4l65E transmission

15. Yank Truck Thruster 2600 stall torque converter

16. Tuning via EFI Live Flashscan

17. Synthetic oils, watter wetter

19. NGK tr6 spark plugs

20. Taylor Thunder Volt plug wires

22. Slotted and cross drilled rotors

23. Hawk performance street/strip break pads

24. High speed balanced drive shaft

1. Goodmark cowl induction hood

2. Custom BSER roll pan

3. Gaylord’s Speedstur bed lid with x-2000 hinge system

4. Tint 20%

5. Vent Visors

6. Konig No-Road 20x10” wheels

7. BFG KDW II 305/50/20 tires

8. Vanity license plate “SSLEEPR” with lighted license plate bolts

9. Shopman SS bowtie

10. Denali exhaust tips

11. Aeroforce Scan Gauge custom mounted in overhead console

12. Autometer electric boost gauge with playback

13. Autometer electric fuel pressure gauge with playback

14. Simpson racing child seat

15. Epoxy painted calipers with SS decal

I just cut and pasted this list. There are a few minor additions but this is the big stuff. I may try the fuel adjustment with timing Eric. Thanks for the tip.

Joe, I have an Elmo band aid right now. My girls love it. :D

Nice Numbers! Try a bigger pulley and more timing ;)

Great numbers - can't wait to see what more tweaking will yield.   :cool:

On the 90mm TB issue...I'm not a fan of the overly-high numbers that get thrown about with these mods, I don't understand the rationale behind pumping them up beyond what they really are.  I routinely see mod increases lumped in with tuning increases and corrections for overly rich or conservative tunes.  It's a huge disservice to all of us.    :nono:

Funny, of the 10 or so of these I have done the gains have been the same within 2-5 hp each time. 45-50 HP with the TB and the timing that was added. I am able to add about 4-5* on each set up w/o any issues. I am able to run 21-23* on each one of these I do.

To call it a disservice is kinda harsh......It is what it is, a great mod that nets 45-50 rwhp each time its done.

Edited by blownchevy (see edit history)

Nice Numbers!  Try a bigger pulley and more timing ;)

Great numbers - can't wait to see what more tweaking will yield.  :cool:

On the 90mm TB issue...I'm not a fan of the overly-high numbers that get thrown about with these mods, I don't understand the rationale behind pumping them up beyond what they really are.  I routinely see mod increases lumped in with tuning increases and corrections for overly rich or conservative tunes.  It's a huge disservice to all of us.    :nono:

Funny, of the 10 or so of these I have done the gains have been the same within 2-5 hp each time. 45-50 HP with the TB and the timing that was added. I am able to add about 4-5* on each set up w/o any issues. I am able to run 21-23* on each one of these I do.

To call it a disservice is kinda harsh......It is what it is, a great mod that nets 45-50 rwhp each time its done.

So you're saying that if you take a vehicle that is already custom tuned, that if you add a 90mm TB, you'll be able to get an additional 45-50 HP out of it?

Nice Numbers!  Try a bigger pulley and more timing ;)

Great numbers - can't wait to see what more tweaking will yield.   :cool:

So you're saying that if you take a vehicle that is already custom tuned, that if you add a 90mm TB, you'll be able to get an additional 45-50 HP out of it?

Well, you could consider mine custom tuned....Since John at Magna Charger tuned it.....and yes I gained 48 rwhp from the TB and the tuning. Bolting on the TB will gain you about 20-25 rwhp and the added timing is usually good for the rest.

Edited by blownchevy (see edit history)

Nice Numbers! Try a bigger pulley and more timing ;)

Tried it. The 2.8 nets the most for me.

I can run 18* with no KR.

The 90 TB is no way worth 40-50HP on a well tuned application. Gains, yes, the huge gains everyone is talking about,...I do not see it. Like I stated, 15-20RWHP is a fair estimate. :smash: I see no decrease in IAT's with the 90 over the 78 hence no gains with timing.

I like the mod (I wouldn't have done it if I didn't like it). Just for whoever is thinking they are going to pick up a quick 50HP,...do a before and after dyno run. I would like to see the difference.