BOUGHT a new pad!!! 2.5 acres

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on the purchase! Wish I could afford to buy. I live in the DC Metro area though. 2BR condos start at $225k+, 3BR townhouse $300k+, SIngle family on maybe .3 Acre - $400k+ up. Sucks, but what are ya gonna do?

Sheesh, what part of the DC area are you living in? I lived out there til early this year and I saw absoultely nothing under 375K...

Congrats! What's a place like that go for in your area? How many sq ft is the garage? Who cares about the house... as long as it's big enough to put a bed in there somewhere...

A guy I know just got a 6 acre lot with a 2,100 sq ft house, 1,000 sq ft machine shed, 4 car garage, city municiples, a self sustaining pond/stream... all for $200,000!!! This is what the land itself was worth... He got it that cheap because a guy that owned it died and he lowballed an offer to the family and they took it, apparently to avoid real estate agents getting involved.

Congrats man....thats what im workin on..land.....i guess that is 1 good thing about this area of the country...its not that hard to come by......i looked at 25 acres....half wooded....w/ a woodshop....40x20 shop...2 acre lake....4 BR house....$200,000...but i wasnt in the financial situation to snatch it up....anyways...have fun w/ it..

Sheesh, what part of the DC area are you living in?  I lived out there til early this year and I saw absoultely nothing under 375K...

Frederick, MD actually, not quite in DC as you'll know - but still somewhat metro :D I Probably low-balled condo and townhouse prices a bit, been 6 - 8 months since I've actively looked.

Sheesh, what part of the DC area are you living in?  I lived out there til early this year and I saw absoultely nothing under 375K...

Frederick, MD actually, not quite in DC as you'll know - but still somewhat metro :D I Probably low-balled condo and townhouse prices a bit, been 6 - 8 months since I've actively looked.

Yeah, I lived in Gaithersburg for a year and then Arlington for a year and a half and worked in Fairfax... Nothing even close to reasonable anywhere in there... :eek:

Yeah, I lived in Gaithersburg for a year and then Arlington for a year and a half and worked in Fairfax...  Nothing even close to reasonable anywhere in there...  :eek:

Absolutley not. Gaithersburg is only 20 minutes down the road, but home prices are much higher. Arlington, forget about it. I work in Chantilly, which is Fairfax County, and there is no way in hell I could even consider purchasing something down that way.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Brian :)

Congrats on the house and land. I know when I bought my house last year I was real excited. Property values over here are reasonable, but are on the rise very quickly. I bought my house last year for $124,000 and its 3br, 2full baths, 2 car garage and a half acre of land. It was appraised two days ago at $168,000. Not too bad for a living here a year.

...got enough room anywhere to build a drag strip?  :jester:

you'd be amazed at how much space you need to build a legit dragstrip!!

an older buddy of mine with his father bought 40 acres in vacaville a few years ago, and even 40 acres... there was enough room for the strip diagonally but no shutdown, staging, stands, etc, etc...safely! :mad:

<900 sq.ft. ???  Holy crap that is small!!!!  2.5 acers is a good start ...  I have a funny feeling with all of your "Toy" purchases, it will be filled up in no time at all ....

if I have any toys left after all this is said and done... I may open my dealers license back up since I won't have to pay rent on a commercial property for my business anymore..

Congrats man.  Nice step up from Fairfield.  :thumbs:

hardly.....:lol:

Vacaville trailer park aside... Have you been to Fairfield? :crackup:

straight redneck style!!

post-5121-1149120565_thumb.jpg post-5121-1149120575_thumb.jpg

but seriously I'm gonna put a cupholder on my mower for my BEER!!! :cheers::jester:

btw...for those curious, <$500k is a steal for a setup like this in Cali!!

:ughdance:

~Brian

Edited by Escalade SS (see edit history)