Brake Opinions

SRBSS

Hi All,

I am new to the site but have been reading it for a while. I am going to need brakes for my 03 SS soon and need some opinions on what to get. I have seen slotted/drilled rotors on e-bay (vender is Iparts) for $189 and wonder if anyone has used them and how they worked out. Factory rotors are lots more $. I also want opinions on what pads to get. Help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Steve

Pretty common set-up by most guys here:

1) Baer Eradispeed +2 Front 2 Piece Rotors w/ Caliper relocation brackets.

2) Baer Eradispeed +1 Rear Rotors w/ Caliper relocation brackets.

3) Earl's Stainless 5 piece lines.

4) Hawk Pads

5) ATE Super Blue Fluid

Pretty common set-up by most guys here:

1) Baer Eradispeed +2 Front 2 Piece Rotors w/ Caliper relocation brackets.

2) Baer Eradispeed +1 Rear Rotors w/ Caliper relocation brackets.

3) Earl's Stainless 5 piece lines.

4) Hawk Pads

5) ATE Super Blue Fluid

That is Exactly what I just did last week!!

Unless you need rotors, you don't have to replce them. If you want to change the look and stopping understood.

FWIW, I have done the Hawk pads, Earl's lines, and the ATE fluid. It's a heck of a difference over the stock feel and much better stopping power. It gave me the added improvement in braking without costing very much.

The Hawk pad and Earl's lines part numbers are in my garage.

Thanks for the information so far. I am going to stay more toward stock size. I was thinking of some better than stock rotors and pads. My rear rotors are starting to come apart on the edges but at 48k still has all the originall pads and rotors. What are the pros and cons to slooted/drilled rotors and maybe the hawk pads? Thanks again Steve

Archived