MB Quart Subs ??

Has anyone used MB Quart speakers? Im looking to start off with 2 10" DWG254's Quart subs for my MTX Thunderform enclouse and follow up with the rest of the speakers being replaced later. Im not after how loud it can be, I only want great sound quality!!!

Any opinions on your speakers is appreciated !! Also what is everyone's thoughts on replacing the factory speaker wire? Worth it or not? Im replacing the head unit, speakers and adding amps. Not to mention, I would'nt need to buy the expensive PAC adaptors then!!

Thanks, Jason

the only mb quarts i have are my fronts pce216. they are GREAT!! as for subs i dont know about them exactly. As for 10s, i had JLw3v2s and they were great as well. I just upgraded to 2 10w7s and after correct tweaking of my sub they are BAD ASS!!!

As for speaker wire if you are going to change your head units and speakers then you should change your wire as well.

Thanks for the info...I bought (2) JL 10W3V2's and new speaker wire today....

just a guess.. I dont think the subs will fit in that box. they may but they coule be to deep. as for speaker wire. its cheep and easy. do it.

What about a 3/4" spacer ring for the subs? I think your right, I may be over 1/2" too deep with these JL's....

I would then be worried about them subs slapping the floor. just my $.02

Thanks for the info...I bought (2) JL 10W3V2's and new speaker wire today....

just a guess.. I dont think the subs will fit in that box. they may but they coule be to deep. as for speaker wire. its cheep and easy. do it.

What about a 3/4" spacer ring for the subs? I think your right, I may be over 1/2" too deep with these JL's....

I called MTX today. They said there is a 6" mounting depth for the one that I have. It does have 6" at the center of the opening to bottom, but near the edges on the back side, it's more like 5 1/4". Guess it will be a trial fit.... :)

I called MTX today. They said there is a 6" mounting depth for the one that I have. It does have 6" at the center of the opening to bottom, but near the edges on the back side, it's more like 5 1/4". Guess it will be a trial fit.... :)

Do it up and let us know... we are having a show at my shop on Sunday. come on by and check it out. fun times!!! the SS will be there and on display..

Do it up and let us know... we are having a show at my shop on Sunday. come on by and check it out. fun times!!! the SS will be there and on display..

Yeah Ryan D. stopped by the other day and was telling me about that...Im sure we'll have a few phone calls at work about the "loud music" *Whiney People* :banghead:

I'll stop by and check your ride out...I hear it's sick....

Will let everyone know what happens here on the sub..I'll keep my fingers crossed !!

Yeah Ryan D. stopped by the other day and was telling me about that...Im sure we'll have a few phone calls at work about the "loud music" *Whiney People* :banghead:

Will let everyone know what happens here on the sub..I'll keep my fingers crossed !!

Ryan D? wharehouse employee? yeah we get calls on them people complainin about loud music. the cops just drive thru and wave. they dont care. see you this weekend. also who told you the SS is "SICk"?

Ryan D? wharehouse employee? yeah we get calls on them people complainin about loud music. the cops just drive thru and wave. they dont care. see you this weekend. also who told you the SS is "SICk"?

Ha ha....Sick (propper slang spelling ??) No they did not mean it was SICK :puke: they meant it was really nice, Logan was telling me about it....

Yeah Ryan and Logan D, I live next door to them...

Ha ha....Sick (propper slang spelling ??) No they did not mean it was SICK :puke: they meant it was really nice, Logan was telling me about it....

Yeah Ryan and Logan D, I live next door to them...

I knew thats what you meant. you will probably hear a few choice words tonight from Logan about me. I think I may have got him into some trouble at work. Oh well he knows better. looking forward to meeting you on Sunday.