PLEASE HELP!!! Kenwood DDX7015

Well actually didn't lock me out, but it locked my brother out of his deck! He bought the truck (04 Silvy) from a dealership last July with this deck in it and we just went to install his new PCM from Wait4me yesterday (as we also installed one for my S-10 too.) We unplugged the battery, installed the PCM and plugged everything back in. Oh- GREAT!!! That's F'n Wonderful! :mad: We tried every possible code that we could think of but to no avail. I have the same deck so we read though the manual. Apparently, once you set a code there is no way to reset it! What the hell is wrong with KENWOOD! Anyone that know's any possible way to get around this PLEASE LET US KNOW! Thanks.

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

That's what all the car audio places said to do but they (kenwood) were closed this weekend. Supposedly, each deck has its own code or process that they have to give you or something to the matter. I've also heard you have to send the deck in to them to have it reset. I figure there has to be other ways than that though. All I can say is what a friggin' joke! That's precisely why I never set mine. But what are you supposed to do if you bought the truck (or deck) second hand? I'll let you know if I find out anything.

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

Okay, problem solved! My brother took it to a local installer and he used some special Kenwood remote that unlocks the deck. Of course, my brother had him reset it with the code he wanted so this problem will never happen again!