cleaning interior

yes it is true, armor all uses alcohol in its cleaners. which eventually crakcs the interior. you can do two things, use silicone based products (black majic) that give it a "wet" look. or you can use other cleaners. i use something called meguiars quik detailer mist which is just a mist that cleans it up.

chicken grease and vasaline gives it a silky sheen :crackup:

So your telling us your truck smells like KFC and petroleum jelly inside? As long as it shines I guess :dunno:

All I could think of when I read that was " what were your greek letters "

chicken grease and vasaline gives it a silky sheen :crackup:

So your telling us your truck smells like KFC and petroleum jelly inside? As long as it shines I guess :dunno:

All I could think of when I read that was " what were your greek letters "

:crackup:

I don't use anything availble at the local auto parts store because almost all of them use petrolium distilates as the base because it's cheap/easy. The petrol base is what dries/cracks the leather/plastic/vinyl, not alcohol as drako stated.

I use Auto Armor water based products that I buy from the local detail shop's commercial counter, because it's a brand the pros use. I only use that a couple of times a year when conditioning is needed. For normal cleanings, I just use HOT HOT HOT water and a regular wash cloth to clean the dust/etc. I don't really like the "wet look" for my interior though...

• 3 weeks later...
I don't use anything availble at the local auto parts store because almost all of them use petrolium distilates as the base because it's cheap/easy. The petrol base is what dries/cracks the leather/plastic/vinyl, not alcohol as drako stated.

I use Auto Armor water based products that I buy from the local detail shop's commercial counter, because it's a brand the pros use. I only use that a couple of times a year when conditioning is needed. For normal cleanings, I just use HOT HOT HOT water and a regular wash cloth to clean the dust/etc. I don't really like the "wet look" for my interior though...

i'm the same way, not really a big fan of the greasy/shiney look. what i do is after i wash my truck, i take the damp cotton towel that i used to dry it and use that to wipe everything off in the interior, except the leather seats. then i used zaino leather cleaner on the seats, then use zaino lether conditioner on the seats AND the dash/doors. works very well.

Eagle One Leather cleaner and conditioner works really good, black bottle. I used it for the first time today and I was very impressed with the results. I need to use it more often to keep my leather fresh and moist.

Archived