factory CD changer problem after installing PAC24

After installing my PAC24 unit behind the deck, everything works great except I can't turn on the CD player (it had 6 discs loaded before disconnecting the head unit and hooking it back up through the PAC244 unit). I can't load discs, I can't eject them (it says "No Discs"). The most I get is a flashing disc in the upper left hand corner of the display for a few seconds like it's throwing an error of some sort.

Is there a reset somewhere, or am I looking at cracking it open to fix it? :dunno:

EDIT: Also, I had to steal a seemingly unused pin from B2 position to use at B3 for the amp turn on since there was a broken pin there (used PAC 24 unit). There wasn't anything in the factory harness side of the B2 position, so I doubt that's it, but I've heard of weirder things happening...

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

you try disconnecting your battery again then re connect it and see what happens?

Yes, I did that several times... I'm going out now to see if I can take the radio case apart. I think that perhaps a disc got knocked out of place when the radio was being taken in/out of the dash and is jamming it up somehow... maybe... grasping at straws at this point.

I figured it out. I must have bumped the deck a little harder than I had though when I took it out of the dash, or perhaps when it was facing downwards while disconnecting the wires. Just FYI to everyone out there: Eject the discs before removing the deck for a PAC24 install so that the discs have no chance to slide around in there. :thumbs:

If it ever does happen to you, don't worry, you can probably fix it easily, just as I did. Here's what was wrong...

Remove the head unit from the vehicle. Then, remove this one 5mm bolt from the back of the head unit.

hu1.jpg

Then, use a flat tipped screwdriver to pop up the top cover...

hu2.jpg

(several placed need to be popped lose to raise the lid...

hu3.jpg

Lift the lid once enough of the tabs are popped lose...

hu4.jpg

There were two discs sitting slightly farther outward than the other discs...

hu5.jpg

Popped them back in place with a micro screwdriver...

hu6.jpg

I then reinstalled the lid and put it back into the truck and powered it up. The head unit recognized the discs and was able to function normally. Yeaaaaaaaaay! :cool: Now it's time to fire this mother up and start testing the box, cross over points, EQ/AMP installation/etc and get the install all tied up.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

• 11 months later...