Help with Goodyear Gatorback

Jonmalibuss

Has anyone else replaced their stock belt with the Goodyear Gatorback to get rid of the belt chirp, and have you noticed a loud whining sound now like a supercharger whine? This would be ok with me if I had a Radix under the hood but I don't!

The cross hatching makes them whine. I have been running them for a very long time. Back at sema in 03 when I had my first s10 done the people that heard it swore to god it was a blown badass 4.3 little did they know it was just a 5 speed throttlebody with 130k on it.. it roasted the tires good though.. people really thought it was blown..

The whine overall might seem annoying at first but you will probobly get used to it. IMO they are the best belts on the market today.

The cross hatching makes them whine. I have been running them for a very long time. Back at sema in 03 when I had my first s10 done the people that heard it swore to god it was a blown badass 4.3 little did they know it was just a 5 speed throttlebody with 130k on it.. it roasted the tires good though.. people really thought it was blown..

The whine overall might seem annoying at first but you will probobly get used to it. IMO they are the best  belts on the market today.

Thats kinda what I figured I was just worried thinking I was losing a bearing in something since it was very tight to get on but I do not have the belt slip anymore which is nice because now I can listen to the rear tires slip :devil: