IMPORTANT Zaino question

SSThunder

Ok. I got the wife's car and my ss done this past week. I read the directions for adding the accelorant(sp?) to the z2 and z5. Instructions said to let it cure for like 30 mins. Is this correct? I think not because when I went to remove the z5 it didn't look like it came off very well. The car really didn't look good at all. I had to rewash it and use the clay bar again. After that I used the polish again and started removing it after I applied it to the whole car. The accelorant(sp?) made the polish cue almost instantly. I applied a coat of z2 then z6. Then I applied another coat of z2 and z6. Now the car looks awesome. Just wondering if I did something wrong the first time or if the intructions are off. Why use the accelorant(sp?) if you still have to let it cue for 30 mins? :dunno: Zaino experts please chime in

Ok. I got the wife's car and my ss done this past week. I read the directions for adding the accelorant(sp?) to the z2 and z5. Instructions said to let it cure for like 30 mins. Is this correct? I think not because when I went to remove the z5 it didn't look like it came off very well. The car really didn't look good at all. I had to rewash it and use the clay bar again. After that I used the polish again and started removing it after I applied it to the whole car. The accelorant(sp?) made the polish cue almost instantly. I applied a coat of z2 then z6. Then I applied another coat of z2 and z6. Now the car looks awesome. Just wondering if I did something wrong the first time or if the intructions are off. Why use the accelorant(sp?) if you still have to let it cue for 30 mins? :dunno:  Zaino experts please chime in

The catalyst is necessary, without it the Zaino will not dry. Even with catalyst it can take anywhere from 1-6 hours, in my experience depends almost entirely on humidity. Here in Stephenville during the late winter it only takes a couple hours to really set-up, and in July/August takes about 4 hours... You know when the Zaino is still wet, because it leaves behind a slight wet surface (you're just pushing around the still-wet product rather than wiping off the dried excess).

Mr. P.

Ok. I got the wife's car and my ss done this past week. I read the directions for adding the accelorant(sp?) to the z2 and z5. Instructions said to let it cure for like 30 mins. Is this correct? I think not because when I went to remove the z5 it didn't look like it came off very well. The car really didn't look good at all. I had to rewash it and use the clay bar again. After that I used the polish again and started removing it after I applied it to the whole car. The accelorant(sp?) made the polish cue almost instantly. I applied a coat of z2 then z6. Then I applied another coat of z2 and z6. Now the car looks awesome. Just wondering if I did something wrong the first time or if the intructions are off. Why use the accelorant(sp?) if you still have to let it cue for 30 mins? :dunno:  Zaino experts please chime in

The catalyst is necessary, without it the Zaino will not dry. Even with catalyst it can take anywhere from 1-6 hours, in my experience depends almost entirely on humidity. Here in Stephenville during the late winter it only takes a couple hours to really set-up, and in July/August takes about 4 hours... You know when the Zaino is still wet, because it leaves behind a slight wet surface (you're just pushing around the still-wet product rather than wiping off the dried excess).

Mr. P.

just retarded they dont sell it as one instead of making you have to purchase seperate...i ran out of the accelerator and need more but i was possibly thinking of going with Der Shiney stuff.

• Admin

You really don't need it, but it just helps it dry faster. If you can wait... then you don't need it.

I've been using Zaino for years and only recently started using the ZX.

Just make sure it's a warm day :cheers:

You really don't need it, but it just helps it dry faster. If you can wait... then you don't need it.

i mean if you have time and has to be warm how long would it take? the damn truck is going to get all dusty just waiting to be dry.

• Admin

i mean if you have time and has to be warm how long would it take? the damn truck is going to get all dusty just waiting to be dry.

If it's in the high 70's or more, and isn't really humid, like 15 mintues max. I've even applied in the direct sun (not what you should do though), and it dried in a couple mintues. By the time you are done with the whole truck, the part you started with would be ready to be taken off idealy. Just my personal experiance.

no they say just wait until its dry before you try and remove it, in cali where its hot it dries rather fast and like zane said the front of the car is usually dry by the time your finished with the rear. i have always used the zfx . i have nothing but good luck with it so far, except the last time i used it i forgot to completely tighten the zfx lid and it dried out after i had just dawned it i wa spissed, espeacially since that little breath mint sized tube is 20 bucks.

dry time seems to vary. Directions say 30 min to an hour, maybe longer depending on humidity(sp?) and temp. Funny how the directions also say 30 mins even if you add zfx. It seemed to dry within mins. Crazy how you pay $20 for the zfx micro-mini bottle, but worth it I guess. I do love the shine. Worth every penny :D

Just curious, how heavily did you apply it?

My first Zaino experience was with my 2000 Camaro SS. I applied it

very heavy, like you would do with a paste wax. It was rather cool

(early April) but even in the garage it took 3 days to cure. This was in

the days before the accelerator.

Learned my lesson. Now I apply it very thin. A 2oz mix with the

accelerator will do 2 complete coats on the truck. Mine seems to dry

within 30 minutes.

apply a thin coat and make sure the temperature is around 70 degrees if its cooler it will take some time to dry. i usually put one coat on, then i spray on the z6 gloss enhancer ( gives it a wetter look ) then one more coat of the zaino the finish is like a mirror.

Archived