Synthetic Oil

Generalms02

So, I take my truck in yesterday to have the oil changed. Well, when I get there the guy starts asking me if I've ever thought about using synthetic oil. I told him I have thought about it and he starts to give me this sales pitch about synthetic oil. So, I decide I'm going to go ahead and do it. Well, I asked him if he could discount the oil change since it's the first time I've ever used synthetic oil. He tells me he can take $5 off.... then he tells me for this $70 oil change he can do it for $40 bucks if I don't need a receipt, but not to tell his manager. So, I told him that's cool but I have to go to the ATM and get some cash because all I had was my card. Well, he puts the synthetic in and then his manger comes over and starts to finish the transaction and charges me $40 on my card. The guy gives me this look like "Hey, don't say anything". So, I pay the manager and I leave the garage.... well, the guy is smoking a cigarette outside when I leave so I pull into the parking lot and try to get his attention and I was going to talk to him and try to give him money, but I couldn't without being too obvious to his manager.... So, I felt kind of bad for leaving the guy hanging, but I didn't want to get him trouble..... What do you guys think? Should I have gone back and tried to give him money or at least talked to him? And more importantly... do you guys run synthetic oil in your trucks or no?

Sorry for the long story.... I'm a little drunk! :thumbs:

-Jonathan

I would NEVER run anything other than full synthetic oil (Mobil 1 wins for cost and availability, IMO).

And I'd be happy that I got a deal.

Just never go bak there, and do your own damn oil changes form now on!!!! Saves $$$, only takes 15 minutes!

- Brian

1) I've only ever run full synthetic... why cheap out on something as trivial as oil. $70 now saves you a lot later.

2) I don't agree with guys pulling shit like that. I have to can guys for pulling underhanded shit like that. Its stealing plain and simple... if the owner or manager is giving you a legitimate discount cool... but a guy who is essentially stealing from the business and lining his pockets is scum IMO.

That being said you should at least go back and talk to the guy... he did put his job on the line to hook up a stranger... the least you could do is take care of him.

...and do your own damn oil changes form now on!!!

:withstupid:

WTF dude... who doesnt change their own oil! :banghead:

ME......... :D

i let the dealer do it. they know me, and my truck and never had any issues. besides,

it's to much of a PITA for me to do it where i live, and getting ride of the old oil is also a pain. so for me it's better this way...

:seeya: