Home theaters

I just bought a new house with vaulted ceilings, and I've had an InFocus DLP projector home theater with a 120 inch screen in my old apartment. I was planning on putting it in my new house, but I don't want to just mount a plain pull-down screen on the wall like I did in my apartment. I plan on runnning the wires either under the floors or in the walls to have them hidden. Anyone here have a projector home theater? I have a nice house, and I was looking for a cheap way to mount my screen without it looking rigged up. A huge 120 inch white screen looks pretty cheap during the daytime when it's off. I had thought about getting two bookcases with shelves and put a long piece of finished wood across to connect the bookcases to make a cheap entertainment center. And then, have a regular tv stand and have the projector screen pull down in front of the regular tv when I was going to watch movies. Websites and pictures would be great. Was trying to do it cheap, but not look cheap. Any ideas? :pop:

Maybe something like this, and just lengthen the center piece to fit the length of the projector screen so it can pull down in front of my existing TV that I will put on a TV stand in the middle.

20788.jpg

Have you seen any of the fold down screens? What are you planning on spending? Da-Lite makes a ton of good screens. Da-Lite Screens

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a projector home theater system, beats the hell outta paying arm+leg for rear projection big screen that looks like crap. I got some screen material off ebay and made a permanent screen that looks like a big picture and mounted it on the wall. looks very professional when its turned off even though that a very rare occurance. dalite and several other companies make electric screen that can retract out of sight when not in use, then run 200-1000$ and usually limit your screen size to around 100 inches.

SS