GM Navigation Question

I bought a GM navigation system with th Bose Lux amp and antenna and installed it in my 04 SSS. When I took it to the dealer they told me they couldn't reset the anti theft and when they tried an error message came up. They also told me that it wont work in my truck because it wasn't an option and I would need Onstar for it to work. I figure the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. After further review and reading some posts, I found that the problem may be the wiring at the amp because the old amp was a non lux and I believe some of the wires have to be changed. Can anyone ell me if I'm on the right track. I would also like to install the XM radio. Thanks

I bought a GM navigation system with th Bose Lux amp and antenna and installed it in my 04 SSS. When I took it to the dealer they told me they couldn't reset the anti theft and when they tried an error message came up. They also told me that it wont work in my truck because it wasn't an option and I would need Onstar for it to work. I figure the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. After further review and reading some posts, I found that the problem may be the wiring at the amp because the old amp was a non lux and I believe some of the wires have to be changed. Can anyone ell me if I'm on the right track. I would also like to install the XM radio.  Thanks

I'm no expert... what I do remember is that in order for the factory Nav to work it has to be the NON luxury one. I'm not familiar with what you would have to do to make it work though. Sorry for not being able to help much :banghead:

If i am reading correctly you installed the lux amp but did not change any of the wiring?if so UN-PLUG IT!!!!.And PRAY nothing burned up.pin locations have to be changed and some soddering needs to be done and you dont need onstar,do you have rear sound option in console.if so it will make it easier. PM me and we can get started on fixxing your problem.

• 1 month later...

I changed the wiring for the lux amp and finally got someone to program my navigation unit. I printed the instructions off this site and left it on the console. At first the tech was having trouble, then he said he had to load a program into his tech2. When he came back he tried again, then saw the instructions and finally got the unit to relearn the vin. When he finished, the unit looked ok but no sound. I checked the wiring and that seems ok. The speakers work if I hook them up before the amp, there is power to the amp, but it doesn't seem to be working. Looks like I need a new lux amp. The navigation unit is a touch screen part # 15229287.