New Rims

20x8.5 Centerline RF Zoom with 275/45/20 Yokohama Geolandars.

newrims.jpg

Along with the Trailblazer torque converter, the 6% shorter tires have made it a blast out of the hole! It actually is getting quick enough to be fun to drive...

Also, the better sidewall design, coupled with the sidewall being shorter (over the stock 275/55/20 Goodyear Eagle LS's), make for a lot more connected feeling going down the road. Turn in is MUCH improved over stock. Hopefully this also contributes to me not being car sick any longer when driving this hog for more than an hour now (we'll see).

Handling upgraded from "drunk whale" to "pedegreed land yaught" is where we're at now. Now to add a rear sway to bring that back end around on corners instead of pushing the fronts striaght out on hard corners... :pop:

OMG  :puke:

to each his own man, but those wheels are fugly!

however, i do like the look of th shorter tires, makes for a sportier look.

Yeah, I know, many people did not like them when I first posted that I was getting them. They don't photograph well... They look much better in person... plus they only weigh 26 pounds each, and the tires are 8 pounds lighter each, so there's quite a bit less rotational weight to be thrown around. :cool:

I will admit, it was I who in the original post said no.... :wtf: I still stand on that position :shakehead: not really a fan of that look. Like everyone else has said not everyone likes the same things, as long as you are happy with them, thats all that matters.

well, definatly not my kind of rim for sure, seems like they would not allow much air to the rotors either. i just dont think they go with an SS theme maybe an older style hot rod truck , but like one said to each his own ! i do like how you went for lightwieght smaller diameter though, for that you get an A!!

They're a bit big for that style ImO. If you were going for the true old school lowered full-size look, you should have thrown some 15's or 16's on there! Now that would look bitchin! Enjoy your choice man! As the great Dylan said, If you like 'em, that's all that matters. :thumbs::thumbs:

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)