Question on tuning

tawss04

I am running nitrous on my truck, Brian at PCMforless tuned it for the nitrous. I know it would run better on a custom tune w/o nos than it does now due to the timing for the nos. I have a friend who has a 2000ish Mustang with alot of work incl F/I, he has a switch in the glove box were he can change the tune if he is going to run race fuel or pump gas. My question is there a way to do that with our pcm's, I would like to run a tune for nos and one without just by hitting a switch. I'm sure it can be done, it should not be much different than the tow/hual mode switch from the factory, it would be sweet to be able to use that switch being that i dont use it for towing :D

I would just get a EFI timing box that retards for running N2O and back to normal for other driving.

If you retard the timing to a truck that already has the timing advanced do you need to retard 2 degrees for each 50 hp + the amount of advance in the truck already or just the 2 degrees per 50 regardless? :dunno:

With EFI Live's Custom OS #5, you can.  You just have to wire in a switch to one of the PCM pins and tune for it.  :cool:

I thought there was a way to do it, Brian at pcm for less told you cant. If you have anymore info that would be a great help :thumbs:

i think i only paid around 230.00 for mine.  well worth it.

Do you have a link for it, so I can check it out.

With EFI Live's Custom OS #5, you can.  You just have to wire in a switch to one of the PCM pins and tune for it.   :cool:

I thought there was a way to do it, Brian at pcm for less told you cant. If you have anymore info that would be a great help :thumbs:

I haven't messed with it yet, but if you wade through this thread, you can learn all about it.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599

With EFI Live's Custom OS #5, you can.  You just have to wire in a switch to one of the PCM pins and tune for it.   :cool:

I haven't messed with it yet, but if you wade through this thread, you can learn all about it.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2599

Thanks I've been looking through it, that is what i need.

Tim