How To request

Holty

Step 1:    DONT DO IT

Step 2:    See step 1

this has been my "best practice" so far.

Just let here buy stuff and she can't complain.  I've spent a lot on mine, but my wife has had 6 new cars in 7yrs of marriage. 

Do you have a hidden credit card?  I used to do it that way.

no hidden credit cards, but me and the wife have a good system worked out. we have a joint checking account. both of us have $X amount auto deposited into this account every pay and this pays all of our house, insurance, auto, utilities, cable/internet, etc. then we each have our own seperate checking accts to use for whatever we want. the rest of our pay gets depostied there. i use my own acct to pay for my cc's and my bike and truck stuff. it works well, but if she knew the money i've spent on my truck, we could have a HUGE portion of our mortgage paid off by now.

Yep! it first started with Snap-On,and then the "hot Rod fund",and finally i just caved in and said ok to Longaberger.WHOOOPS!.......that stuff costs more than snap on!And talk about accesorizing.keeps the relationship happy though the dual checking accounts helps. :cool:

step 1. go to jewlery store

step 2. buy jewlery

step 3. bring jelwery home and practice speech in front of mirror

step 4. present jewlery and speech with the extra touch of teary eyes.

step 5. beg for forgivness

step 6. Leave happily back to the parts store and buy more stuff

step 7. test new part :D

for future purchases remind wife of steps 1-5 if not working repeat all steps again

step 2. buy jewlery

for future purchases remind wife of steps 1-5 if not working repeat all steps again

:crackup:

step 2. buy jewlery

:crackup:

Not just jewelry-DIAMONDS-They will smooth out a rough situation better than a clay bar and zaino!!!

DIAMONDS!! Don't waste the money on diamonds. That's money that could be well spent on more mods.

There should be a section on Silveradoss.com called "Holty's project of the week" :D I swear it's a new one every week.

My mods are on a quarterly basis.

Just keep buying and don't worry about it.

It really is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

For me, I don't call it asking for permission - just concurrence. I only do this for things I know she'll see and notice. Examples:

New wheels

Gauges

Tuning software

New boat cover

Headers

Transmission cooler

She can't see cams, lifters, rockers, stall, new muffler, x-pipe, cutouts, etc...

Not the recommended path really and can lead to some serious arguments if the truth is ever known. Just don't buy things in quantity and install one then buy the next. If you don't, long term hiding is risky - speaking from experience. But then again, my wife is yet to notice the Yank Torque Converter box that sits in my garage still - after two years. My stock tc sits in it right now.