Fuel Tank Evaporator Control

Hey guys,

I wanted to ask if it was necessary to run the Fuel Tank Evaporator Control p# 12573220. How does this thing work ?? It sits sticking straight up off the top of the intake manifold, right behind the throttle body with a plastic tube that comes off it.

Thanks

If you are going to keep living in CA, then yes, you need it. It is part of the emmisions system, so removing it could result in you failing the visual part of your 'smog inspection'. On the other hand, these guys who do the inspections probably wouldn't miss it. But you truck's computer would complain about it.

I was thinking of just removing the sensor, but keeping that hoes that goes back to the tank. By switching the TBSS manifold it looks like they may have eliminated it. It also looks like it may be a pain in the butt to put it back on.

This is commonly called the "purge canister" or the "vent canister".  Basically it recirculates gas fumes back into the manifold so they can be consumed. 

I'm not sure what it hooks up to at this point, but will know in the next few days ;)

did you figure anything out on this there beefcake

This is commonly called the "purge canister" or the "vent canister".  Basically it recirculates gas fumes back into the manifold so they can be consumed. 

I'm not sure what it hooks up to at this point, but will know in the next few days ;)

did you figure anything out on this there beefcake

Got side tracked getting the front axle dropped (gd mfing ball joints on the center section froze :banghead: Finally rented a gear puller and drove the damn things off). I *think* it hooks up to the fuel tank?