Loss of rights.

kaotik1

This really is kind of B.S. mostly because it is a non-sanctioned meet. This is also, discriminats against riders, from going to ANY store in this plaza after 7pm.

MANCHESTER -- Police say they are cracking down on weekly gatherings of motorcyclists who hang out at the Plaza at Burr Corners, but some businesses are defending the motorcyclists, saying they bring in revenue.

Every Wednesday evening during the summer, police said, from 50 to a few hundred motorcyclists gather in the parking lot. While some of the cyclists spend money at the plaza's stores and restaurants, most are loiterers, police said.

A few of the motorcyclists have received motor vehicle violations in the parking lot and there have been complaints from some businesses and patrons about the noise created by the motorcycles, police said.

Emmes & Co. bought the shopping center this year and the company is establishing new rules, police said. Representatives from Emmes & Co. posted signs at the plaza that say motorcycles are prohibited after 7 p.m. and that drivers could be arrested and their motorcycles towed. Representatives from the new landlord could not be reached for comment.

The police say they will begin enforcing the new rules Wednesday.

Randy Price, who owns Randy's Wooster Street Pizza, said the new rules are ridiculous. Price said the bikers bring business to the area restaurants. He said it would be one thing if the signs prohibited loitering, but the signs discriminate against the paying customers. Price said the sight of young men and women and their motorcycles attract non-bikers to the plaza, bringing in more business. Price also said he's never had any problems with them.

"The landlord should be concentrating on getting anchor tenants in the plaza," he said.

Andrea Lopes, who works at the Subway sandwich shop in the plaza, also agreed that she doesn't see why the landlord has posted the signs.

"Nobody really complains about it. We actually get a lot more business out of it," Lopes said.

Price acknowledged that there are always a few drivers popping wheelies and doing other stunts and they are the only ones who should be controlled.

"Fine, go arrest them. But as far as keeping them out of the plaza for the sake of keeping them out, that's wrong," Price said.

Contact Regine Labossiere at [email protected].

This seems to be a trend that is gathering momentum

across the country. Never thought I'd see this. :dunno:

Hollister Independence Rally

And...

The Noise Police

Unfortunately, motorcyclists account for about 10% of licensed drivers, so we will be singled out by the mainstream media/population for any cause deemed in the general population's best interest. Second class citizen status :seeya: if you're a "biker".

I understand that this mall/plaza is private property. The owners can choose to use it as they see fit. I would think they would be more interested in making a positive economic decision rather than taking away from tenants bottom line with more restrictions detrimental to producing revenue, as some of the tenants have said the bikers are good for business. :wtf:

across the country. Never thought I'd see this.  :dunno:

And...

The Noise Police

Unfortunately, motorcyclists account for about 10% of licensed drivers, so we will be singled out by the mainstream media/population for any cause deemed in the general population's best interest. Second class citizen status  :seeya: if you're a "biker".

I understand that this mall/plaza is private property. The owners can choose to use it as they see fit.  I would think they would be more interested in making a positive economic decision rather than taking away from tenants bottom line with more restrictions detrimental to producing revenue, as some of the tenants have said the bikers are good for business.  :wtf:

All its going to take is tenants not making any money and the owner is eventually going to end up with a building not only with no "bikers" but also empty with no stores either.

across the country. Never thought I'd see this.  :dunno:

And...

The Noise Police

Unfortunately, motorcyclists account for about 10% of licensed drivers, so we will be singled out by the mainstream media/population for any cause deemed in the general population's best interest. Second class citizen status  :seeya: if you're a "biker".

I understand that this mall/plaza is private property. The owners can choose to use it as they see fit.  I would think they would be more interested in making a positive economic decision rather than taking away from tenants bottom line with more restrictions detrimental to producing revenue, as some of the tenants have said the bikers are good for business.  :wtf:

All its going to take is tenants not making any money and the owner is eventually going to end up with a building not only with no "bikers" but also empty with no stores either.

That's exactly what will happen. Imo, that's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I've also seen some articles from noise free America. They're about as whacked out as PETA. Bunch of freakin' nut jobs.

That's unbelieveably stupid... why would you make such an effort to put yourself out of business. I know some bikes are loud, and some people ride them like idiots... but man... for the most part their pretty respectful. Most are business people anyway! I'll laugh at that guy when his tennants don't renew their lease, or sue him for lost revenue and unfair business practice. just my $two pennies...

One of the business owners, states that his NIGHT income for that one night, is $4500 dollars over any other night. To take that away is only going to force him to move the location of his store.

Same thing happened with a local benefit car show organization in Plano TX; in this case it was a sanctioned event held after 5pm in a strip-mall parking lot, and it only took the complaint of one tenant (a 99-cent store) to force the landlord to tell the event organizers that they were no longer welcome to have their car show there next year. Some people have no sense of humor.

Mr. P.

Could be because most of the business's in the Plaza are being hurt by the gathering and only a couple are benefiting from it? :dunno:

I understand what you're saying Ray. My problem is with their solution to ban bikes after 7 PM. I doubt that the retail stores, that are not restaurants, probably do much business between 7PM and closing (9-10 PM) wheras the restaurants would be busier at those hours. Are they scaring off other diners? The shops interviewed seem to say otherwise. Bet they would really sh*t if bikes showed up from 3-7PM :D Sounds to me like the plaza managers made a poor decision or a hasty decision looking only at the smaller picture :dunno:

An old adage I heard: Don't interfere with commerce

Same thing happened with a local benefit car show organization in Plano TX; in this case it was a sanctioned event held after 5pm in a strip-mall parking lot, and it only took the complaint of one tenant (a 99-cent store) to force the landlord to tell the event organizers that they were no longer welcome to have their car show there next year.  Some people have no sense of humor

Mr. P.

Steve, your example helps emphasize another point. We had the same thing happen with a Friday night car show here. Somebody complained and kept getting them moved around from lot to lot in the area. Here's the best part, the car club did an excellent job of self policing, cleaning up, no burnouts, no alcohol, asking people to support the local merchants etc etc etc. Why nobody wanted them...too much congestion and traffic. I'll bet some of those merchants wish they had some of those headaches now as the economy isn't all that great and there were some vacancies on those properties.

The sad reality seems to be the people who complain the most, would be the least affected if they would close early on that particular evening.

:rant:

What has to be a concern to us (car/truck guys/gals) and bikers is that if you are found to be something out of the ordinary demographic, there are people who will try and control your behavior. I really don't like people who think they know what's best for me or trying to save me from myself.

...I really don't like people who think they know what's best for me or  trying to save me from myself.

:withstupid: So ironic that this topic comes on Independence Day, how liberalism in America has changed since the signing of the Declaration of Independence. Saving me from myself - puhleeze, liberals just love chanting the "all men are created equal" part of the Constitution; it's the "endowed by their creator" part they refuse to look at, intolerant bastards. Liberalism in America has changed in 200 years from concepts of freedom and individuality to that of creating a nation with a large social class (spanning generations) dependent on the government, all in the name of 'fighting poverty'. And these dimwits who think they are graciously saving us from ourselves cannot even see the folly of their own making in the Katrina disaster - they have succeeded in creating a huge part of the country so dependent on assistance that when Katrina flooded Nawlins those folks were totally helpless and f*cked. If Thomas Jefferson were alive to see what his political party has done to perpetuate this he would surely shoot himself.

Mr. P.