SS AWD vs. SS 2WD

CenWaSS

I met up with a few fellas who are pretty hard core racers, they are all really cool and have the sweetest trucks. We all met one day just admiring each others rides which was awesome BUT I think we all wanted to see how they would run too! So of course we head out of town to run em. A few trucks made some nice runs but I think me and the other 2WD SS wanted to see where our trucks stood.

Both SS's have similar mods. My AWD SS has CAI, Corsa catback, and Nelson Tune. My buddies 2WD SS has CAI, longtubes (no cats), and a tune (not sure which kind).

Anyhow, we line em up and hit it. I immediatley jump on him by 1/2 a truck, around 100mph we shut em down and I would say I was a truck and half in front. Man was that fun! :driving:

Oh, we are all getting together again this weekend for a Race Wars event. One guy in the group has a fairly stock Ford Harley truck (supercharged). Would my AWD SS with 16's stand a chance against the Harley? Win or loose I will soon find out, just wanted to see what you SS'ers thought?

I met up with a few fellas who are pretty hard core racers, they are all really cool and have the sweetest trucks.  We all met one day just admiring each others rides which was awesome BUT I think we all wanted to see how they would run too!  So of course we head out of town to run em.  A few trucks made some nice runs but I think me and the other 2WD SS wanted to see where our trucks stood. 

Both SS's have similar mods.  My AWD SS has CAI, Corsa catback, and Nelson Tune.  My buddies 2WD SS has CAI, longtubes (no cats), and a tune (not sure which kind).

Anyhow, we line em up and hit it.  I immediatley jump on him by 1/2 a truck, around 100mph we shut em down and I would say I was a truck and half in front.  Man was that fun! :driving:

Oh, we are all getting together again this weekend for a Race Wars event.  One guy in the group has a fairly stock Ford Harley truck (supercharged).  Would my AWD SS with 16's stand a chance against the Harley?  Win or loose I will soon find out, just wanted to see what you SS'ers thought?

Thanks for posting this because I have a 2wd SS and my friend has an AWD SS and we wanted to run them... now i know i will lose haha.. I think it will be a close race between the Harley Davidson and you. There is only one way to find out :driving:

I met up with a few fellas who are pretty hard core racers, they are all really cool and have the sweetest trucks.  We all met one day just admiring each others rides which was awesome BUT I think we all wanted to see how they would run too!  So of course we head out of town to run em.  A few trucks made some nice runs but I think me and the other 2WD SS wanted to see where our trucks stood. 

Both SS's have similar mods.  My AWD SS has CAI, Corsa catback, and Nelson Tune.  My buddies 2WD SS has CAI, longtubes (no cats), and a tune (not sure which kind).

Anyhow, we line em up and hit it.  I immediatley jump on him by 1/2 a truck, around 100mph we shut em down and I would say I was a truck and half in front.  Man was that fun! :driving:

Oh, we are all getting together again this weekend for a Race Wars event.  One guy in the group has a fairly stock Ford Harley truck (supercharged).  Would my AWD SS with 16's stand a chance against the Harley?  Win or loose I will soon find out, just wanted to see what you SS'ers thought?

Thanks for posting this because I have a 2wd SS and my friend has an AWD SS and we wanted to run them... now i know i will lose haha.. I think it will be a close race between the Harley Davidson and you. There is only one way to find out :driving:

I've ran a couple AWD SSS. The first time was a learning experience. He didn’t win but he got me off the line and it was hard to come back. From that point on I applied a little gas while on the brake and it REALLY improved my launch. I was able to take him off the line and continue my lead. It makes a world of a difference.

I've seen a bone stock extended cab harley w/supercharger run 14.60 at the track I run at. Should be close if he's stock. :driving:

Thats about what I've heard on this Harley. Last I heard he was running a 14.57. Can't wait to run em. I'll let you know the outcome by the end of this weekend.

Yup it was me that I8AHEMI raced. It was a hell of a race. I bet I lost by more than 1/2 a truck though. There was clearance no doubt. I have ran a best of 14.50 at the track in full street trim pulling 2.4 60'. I had a little better traction at the track than on the street so I would bet I8AHEMI is a mid 14 second truck.

I like the way mine runs on ET Streets better. :cheers: 2.05 60' :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Yesterday me and a friend of mine ran our SSS's. Ive got a 2wd with straight pipes and it is diablo programmed. He has an AWD with flowmaster 40's. We raced 4 times and every time he would pull away about half a truck length but by 50mph i had passed him and was gone. By the time we got to 100mph i had like 3 truck lengths on him. By the way my SS has 22's. I didn't think a programmer did that much.

Yesterday me and a friend of mine ran our SSS's. Ive got a 2wd with straight pipes and it is diablo programmed. He has an AWD with flowmaster 40's. We raced 4 times and every time he would pull away about half a truck length but by 50mph i had passed him and was gone. By the time we got to 100mph i had like 3 truck lengths on him. By the way my SS has 22's. I didn't think a programmer did that much.

It would be interesting to see you guys race if your buddy had a tune or programmer, just to make things a bit more even. Those programmers really help in the upper RPM range, I'm not so sure you'd catch your buddy if he had a programmer. If your buddy is interested, I've got a superchip programmer for an 04/05 SS, asking $275. When I raced OUT2WIN I also was running with 22's, he was on stock 20's. Its all in fun anyway, I love seeing how each mod improves the perfromance of my truck and my other :chevy: buddies. We have a blast no matter who wins or loses.

if you think hadnhelds work well you need to try a custom pcm tune . and hand helds dont do as much as you would think , imo they are waste but toi each his own, i just like whatever gets me to the finish line faster!

if you think hadnhelds work well you need to try a custom pcm tune . and hand helds dont do as much as you would think , imo they are waste but toi each his own, i just like whatever gets me to the finish line faster!

The superchip I had in my truck improved my trucks performance alot (so I thought). The only thing I disliked was the shift firmness while at cruising speed. My truck would shift hard in evey gear, even when babying it. Shift firmness setting was at SC recommended setting. Anyhow, I have since installed a Nelson tune and absolutly love it! Shifts are smooth while cruising and stiff 1/2 to wide open throttle. I was never timed using one or the other, but just from the seat of my pants, I can't tell a whole lot of difference?

Oh and I love getting there first toooooo :flag: