Toy Shop in pomona praise

i just want to say if anyone needs their tranny rebuilt to handle some power these guys are very friendly and professional and best of all not overpriced!! so far my trans ihas held up to a few wot runs with the vortech . I am leaking some fluid out the vent hose they are taking care of it next week. I was there last week and here is what they had while i stopped by.

DSC01489.jpg

DSC01485.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01488.jpg

its one of boyd's cars( i know i know boyd, :uhoh: ) but the car was still cool as hell. and you may notice the SS in the background , is dylans old SS or pnkts' now.

HAHA!! I thought he gernaded that tranny in my old truck months ago?? WTF is it still sitting there for?? :confused: How'd it look Chase (other than dusty) has he been taking care of it?

BTW: Seconded on the Toyshop recommendation... those guys are THE BEST and definitely fair priced. :thumbs:

HAHA!! I thought he gernaded that tranny in my old truck months ago?? WTF is it still sitting there for??  :confused:  How'd it look Chase (other than dusty) has he been taking care of it?

BTW: Seconded on the Toyshop recommendation... those guys are THE BEST and definitely fair priced.  :thumbs:

Dude, I have had nothing but problems with the SS unfortunatly. Only put 3500 miles on the odometer, and around 3000 of them the 1-2 shift (not under WOT) blew the 3-4 clutch pack, input shaft, and split the cases. Truck was shifting wayyy too hard.

Got the tranny rebuilt right after that through Kendall @ the Toy Shops recommendation of a Chevy dealer through warranty (Rancho Valley Chevy)... left all the parts that were good in it that you had installed (servos, shift kit, TQ converter, etc). 300 miles after I got the truck, the Trailblazer torque converter blew up taking the pump with it on the 57 freeway...

Kendall @ toy shop had me send it back to Rancho Valley Chevy to fix it again. They installed an OEM converter and pump, and looked over the entire tranny again. 5 miles after picking it up, and 20 minutes later... the entire tranny granaded.. blowing up the output shaft and destroying everything in the tranny. Keep in mind Rancho Valley Chevy gave me a 1yr/12k mile warranty when the rebuilt it the first time.

Now 2 trannies later in 1 month, Rancho Valley doesnt want to honor the warranty they gave me, saying I voided the warranty with 22's and bolt on performance parts. So I just had Kendall @ the Toy Shop do a COMPLETE overhaul (unlike the patch job you had done according to Kendall) to fix this tranny. Every part is new, and Kendall is hooking me up big time. He really is a cool guy... and helping me out a lot. I am just hoping I can work something out with the Chevy dealer with helping to pay for this ... because I think it is their fault the tranny blew up twice in just 350 miles. This comes at a bad time, because I was recently diagnosed with Cancer, and have to drive to LA every other week for 7 days at a time for Chemo treatments, and had to go on disability. I am broke, and the SS seems to have nothing but problems in the little time I have had it. 3500 miles and a new water pump, brakes, electrical short in the AC, and now 3 tranny rebuilds. I love the truck, but I made a bad decision by buying it I think.

The truck is now just waiting for my Yank TT2600 stall converter to arrive, so they can drop my new tranny in it.. hopefully that wont blow up, but since this would be the first time Toy Shop has completely rebuilt the tranny, it should hold up this time.

Other than that, I can recommend Toy Shop.. Kendall is a kick ass guy... and very nice and helpful. He did a great job on my buddies corvette, and even fixed his fog light and replaced his burned out blinker for the hell of it... cool guy.. honestly.

Kris

Wow Kris... I'm really sorry to hear that. :shakehead:

As any of the guys on here will testify I never had any problems with that truck, I wouldn't have ever sold it to you under false pretenses. I never had a lick of trouble with it except the slipping before I took it to The Toy Shop for the upgrades... and that only turned out to be a fried clutch and cracked accum. piston. that took a billet servo with it. After that it was flawless... even changed the fluid a couple of times just to be sure there wasn't any metallic particles in there that shouldn't be.

I'm shocked that you've had that many problems in such a short time... hopefully Kendal and Mike can get you straightened out and you can enjoy the truck.

im sorry to hear that kris i hope the chemo kills the damn cancer and does not mess you up to bad. please keep us posted with updates of your condition. we are here for you

Drako- thanks for the encouraging words buddy. I know I will kick this things a$$ and it will all be over and done with in the next few months. Its crazy how one day everything is cruising along nicely, and the next day your doc tells you the knee pain you have had for years is a rare cancer (synovial sarcoma) and that you have a 50% chance of survival in the next 2 years. Thats pretty good chances if you ask me man, so this will be no problem at all.

Dylan- As far as the truck goes... I know you never knew there was a problem. Its my luck man... this happens to me a lot.. unfortunatly. 3 yrs ago I bought my Honda CR250 for $3200, and on the first ride, the entire motor granaded and had to spend $1600 to rebuild the motor.. good thing I know what I am doing with a 2stroke motor, so it was just the cost of parts. Last year, I had my brother in law buy a 97 CR250 from a friend, and the same day on a test run in the neighborhood.. the motor blew. I can go on and on.. but the point is, I have had nothing but bad luck buying used... its a risk when you buy a used vehicle, its not like you tore down the tranny before and could predict when it was going to blow up. It happens man. Its a badass truck, and I am glad to have it... I just cant wait until its done and one day I can put a supercharger on it like what my plans were.. but now because of my health and this tranny, who knows when I will be able to do that :dunno:

All I know is that I am glad its in the hands of the guys at the Toy Shop, because I have full confidence when they are done with it, this will be the end of all the crap for good. I have talked to Kendal so much during all this, and he has always gone that extra mile for me and truly knows what he is talking about... more than any other auto repair shop I have ever dealt with.

:cheers:

Kris

punkt71, sorry to hear about the cancer man. Good luck in overcoming it, sounds like your right on track to do so. :thumbs: Good luck with the truck as well.

As far as the toy shop goes, I definately give them a :thumbs: . I definately like my tranny after they overhauled it. They do good work and have good prices compared to others.

Archived