Air conditioner noises...

SuperDave

My truck goes out of factory warranty the end of August, and I just discovered a new noise in the AC system.

Coming somewhere from the area of the fan blower (passenger footwell area) is a continuous burping noise. I know that sound weird, but I'm at a loss for words to describe it. It is sort of rythmatic, easing slightly when the fan is turned to high. When you turn it off, the noise continues until you turn the truck off and remove the key.

I'm guessing, but it sounds like a vacuum leak in the diverter plenum valving or tubing. Any ideas or other experiences with this problem around the forum?

I've got to get this fixed this week, I'm on vacation and can't take off to go to the shop during work. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to be able to tell them what to look into. I don't trust my service department very well.

My SS is a 2003 and only has around 12,000 miles on it. Garage kept of course!

:cheers:

I know there is a TSB on this issue, my climate control was evacuated, part replaced, and refilled due to a known defective part. If you want I can rifle through my dealer service orders and give you more numbers to chase, but basically tell them that you hear gurgling noise behind the dash and they'll find the TSB for it.

Mr. P.

I know there is a TSB on this issue, my climate control was evacuated, part replaced, and refilled due to a known defective part.  If you want I can rifle through my dealer service orders and give you more numbers to chase, but basically tell them that you hear gurgling noise behind the dash and they'll find the TSB for it.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: It's a TSB to replace the orfice pipe to cure the gurgling noise.

Took the SS into the shop at 10 a.m. this morning. Went to check up on it at 4 p.m. only to find out it hadn't been touched all day. I asked why they made the appointment and was told they were two mechanics short.

They looked at it real quick then, 1 hour later.... and told me they were going to change out the blower motor and fan. Twenty minutes later they come back and tell me they can't get a blower until the next day.

This is why I hate taking my truck to the shop, even if it is under warranty. It stresses me out so much that they are so unorganized. If I was the Service Manager, the first thing I would do would be to make sure I had the parts to do the job especially considering that I took it there the day before to let them hear it.

They have to be the most unprofessional, incompetent, non planning service department in the state of Oklahoma. This has to hurt GM's reputation.... I just wished we had a real shop nearby.

Living in the Sticks....

Turns out it's gonna take a total of two days and Six trips to the shop (20 miles one way) in a POS rental car that gets worse mileage than the SS! Arrrgggghhhh!