GM and Nissan

• Admin

GM, Nissan, and Renault are discussing an alliance. Nothing has happened and probably won't for a bit.

Part of the details floating around include Nissan acquiring a 20% stake in GM for $3 billion.

Anything but freaking Renault...I still have nightmares about the Eagle Medallion, Eagle Premier, and Renault Alliance/Encore (anybody here ever done a Recall 541 on one of those p.o.s.?) Not to say they dont make decent cars _now_ but you will still never see me in one.

I see no upside to this alliance. Ford already tried to help out Nissan, and sold cars for them in Europe and Australia in the 80's and 90's. They pulled out last year I think.

Ford already tried to help out Nissan, and sold cars for them in Europe and Australia in the 80's and 90's.  They pulled out last year I think.

Keep in mind...this is the other way around.

GM needs the help from Nissan.

Nissan is currently solid, thanks to Ghosn. GM is hurting...but sounds like they will both benefit.

- Brian

:withstupid:

gm will def benefit. when they announced this GM stock when up 8%.

GM is in need of help they got to big and where spending to much money compared to everyone else. hopefully the merger will be good for all of us

well gm used to have 20% stock in subaru supposedly i hear thats where some f the awd tech comes from. daimler benefited greatly from the merger with benz. im looking it at a economic/business prespective. GM is hurting but lately they are starting to come around