autometer water temp gauge

fuganator

Just out of curiosity, why get that gauge? You could just as easily monitor that through logging or a scan gauge. I understand not trusting what you look at in your dash.

With your mods I'd want a boost and fuel pressure gauge. From there, maybe a Air Fuel using a wideband sensor.

The reason I want one is because I don't have any sort of logging software at all and I would rather look at a gauge when I am going 85 then look down at my computer. Thats all. I know I need some sort of logging software, but I am afraid my curiosity might get to me and say if I bought efi live or something along those lines, I would start messing with stuff and wreck my motor.

The reason I want one is because I don't have any sort of logging software at all and I would rather look at a gauge when I am going 85 then look down at my computer.  Thats all.  I know I need some sort of logging software, but I am afraid my curiosity might get to me and say if I bought efi live or something along those lines, I would start messing with stuff and wreck my motor.

I understand. EFILive sells just the logging portion of their software. Much cheaper than the full tuning/logging suite. You could get that then go back and upgrade to the tuning part if you wanted to. I would at least get a Inteceptor scan gauge then. You'll see your coolant temp there, but you can also see things like going lean, knock, etc.... Those are what will kill your engine.

Just a suggestion.

I have looked into that too.  Maybe I should just get rid of my water temp and get a fuel pressure gauge.  An a/f gauge is pretty useless unless i have tuning software though.  Thanks for the help.

Fuel pressure monitoring is vital to blown applications. Would definitely do one of those over a temp gauge. Boost gauge is good to have also.

Archived