Bought a new toy

KissMySilvSS

I have been looking at them for a while now. It is a 50" Bonzi with a Zenoah BZX-2 mod motor that puts out 5.2HP at **16,500 RPM** WOW! The boat is supposed to run 62-65 MPH consistent on GPS, jeez it will almost run right with my Sea Doo RXP. I was just going to buy one new, but I could not pass up this deal, especially with the $700 custom paint job. The best part of it was the guy I bought it from works at Bonzi so I know the boat has been well maintained and cared for. Anyways, I paid for it yesterday and should have it next week sometime around Wed-Thurs. I can't Wait!!

post-2147-1152685541_thumb.jpg

post-2147-1152685564_thumb.jpg

post-2147-1152685577_thumb.jpg

post-2147-1152685597_thumb.jpg

post-2147-1152685611.jpg

What did you end up paying for that thing if you don't mind me asking? That thing is bad a$$ and the second one is worth all of $9000 easy with all of the billet and carbon parts. I'd love to know what kind of combined power the second one makes. I'm guessing these engines are water cooled since there is no way for air to cool them?

Correct, my engine is water cooled (as well as the twin engines on the 84" Apache). My engine runs on pump fuel pre-mixed with Amsoil and is 100% more reliable that nitro engines, once in a blue moon do these engines need to be tuned. They are a little bit more expensive than a nitro boat, but after dicking with nitro in cars/truck for years I really don't care.

$9500 for the Apache is a base paint job (Black, Yellow, Red, White) and no anodized aluminum parts, custom paint is around $1000 for those boats because of the size and a little more for the anodized parts. All of these prices are w/o shipping, which I wouldn't even want to think about. I live in Northern NY and shipping from Indy, IN to my house is $100 for ground with insurance for my 50". Yikes!

I paid about $1000 for the boat and spilt the shipping with the guy who owned the boat, I figure he has around $1800-$1900 his cost into the boat. He has a few others and was selling this one to finish another Bonzi project boat. If you or I were to order this boat new tomorrow we would easily have $2200-$2400 invested in the boat w/o shipping. So I was pretty happy about the deal I got, especially because of who owned it and how much it was used.

Teddy

Right On! I have a 45" A/C Lazer and a 40" Lazer. The 45 has a full mod toxic 260 zenoah. My brother also has a 43" Aeromarine Challenger. Those boats are so damn fun but VERY EXPENSIVE. You can wind the piss out of em' and haul serioul ass once you get them hooked up right.

The last expedition for my 45 didn't go so well. I had full control until my brother threw it in the water. It went about 40 yards out and decided it didn't want to turn and my fail safe didn't work to cut the engine. It did a 180 and bounced off the neighbors dock two houses down, hit the rock bulkhead and started back out to the center of the lake until I could swamp it with my chase boat. :banghead: After a lot of glass work it's about ready to run but it's been a whole year since and I don't have a lake to run it on anymore. Will be near one soon though.

Sweet rig you got there though. :D

nice boat.. paint scheme was well done.

i have that GINORMOUS boat.

i've posted photos on here awhile ago...

here's the thread

i've got both the 72cc engines in now since then, and now i'm working on finding a new prop with the proper pitch, that will get it up into the 80-90mph range. right now, it runs in the high 60s, low 70s. props are hard to find for these particular size engines though.

when i first installed the engines, i couldn't wait for my stainless props to get in.. so i had some plastic ones laying around the bench.. took it out to the lake that day and disintegrated them. haha

if you ever get the chance, and are interested, get one of them.. i joined a club, which is actually in houston, but they race the large scale boats. unfortunately my size boat isn't available in a class yet, due to insurance purposes that the club has. but it's actually a good time to go hang out with these guys and you get pretty good tips on decent parts and the like. now i'm just hoping they get a class for my boat, as i'd like to shred the water with it when i get it running in the 80s. :D

very cool. I have a 30" deepV electric with twins, that I plan to repower with a Homelite weedeater motor. I think I can shed enough weight so that it's not much more then the electric set up and it will be better distributed. I'm hoping for mid 30's out of it...considerably faster then the electrics even with upgraded batteries, special shafts, and octura props ever was.

Brad, Bonzi makes a 84" hull like yours, so they might be able to help you out with parts, etc.  Nice boat, can't wait to run mine!!

i bought that hull from bonzi! it's the 84" apache.. just happens to look more similiar to a cigarette boat. so i went with an original cigarette racing boat paint scheme.

i'll have to get my digital back from my parents and get you some up-to-date photos of it. it's about as scale to the real thing as you can get. especially with those dry-sump six i/o drives i bought. some live video shots might be of interest too, yeah!? you might like the sound of the quad water-cooled tuned pipes out the rear! :eek:

also purchased the twin 72cc quickdraws from bonzi aswell. all black and silver anodized parts on them.. a piece of art in itself, i must say. they have a hell-uh-va selection of aftermarket parts that suited me well..

can wait to see that thing run too! good luck man. :D

Archived