NGK TR-6

foxySS

I'm having a hell of a time trying to find tr-6's. I went to the NGK website and they don't have them listed. Here's the link:

www.ngksparkplugs.com

Will the TR-55ix's work allright as long as I change the gap on them? Any other options? Thanks.

Edit: I guess my original link didn't work so just input the our truck in their system and you will see what I'm talking about.

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

FYI, the ix plugs are iridium. Go for like $5 a piece. I wouldn't get them unless your tune is completely dialed in.

FWIW, my tune is a work in progress and still more work coming. NGK plugs don't last very long, non-iridium, but I change them about every 3k miles. So them being cheap is a plus. Plugs can tell you much about how your truck is running. Iridium plugs will last much longer.

If I did go with irdium (disregarding price) would they work good though? I still want a plug that is good for FI but also is low maintenance. Yeah, I checked Schucks and they said they don't carry them and then i checked NGK and i couldn't find them on their website. Makes me wonder if they're being discontinued soon?

If the TR-6's are the best for tuning though I will get em'.

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)

FYI, the ix plugs are iridium.  Go for like $5 a piece.  I wouldn't get them unless your tune is completely dialed in. 

FWIW, my tune is a work in progress and still more work coming.  NGK plugs don't last very long, non-iridium, but I change them about every 3k miles.  So them being cheap is a plus.  Plugs can tell you much about how your truck is running.  Iridium plugs will last much longer.

your saying yours only last 3k miles or you just change them for the hell of it?

FYI, the ix plugs are iridium.  Go for like $5 a piece.  I wouldn't get them unless your tune is completely dialed in. 

FWIW, my tune is a work in progress and still more work coming.  NGK plugs don't last very long, non-iridium, but I change them about every 3k miles.  So them being cheap is a plus.  Plugs can tell you much about how your truck is running.  Iridium plugs will last much longer.

your saying yours only last 3k miles or you just change them for the hell of it?

I do them about 5-10K,...every other oil change. I like to look at them and make sure there isn't any unseen issues.

I do them about 5-10K,...every other oil change. I like to look at them and make sure there isn't any unseen issues.

I do it for the same reason. Lately it has just coincided with significant tuning changes. I only have 7k miles on this motor.