at last

I finally broke down and bought a 4 wheeler. i got a used yfz450. Nothing to special. I was wondering where can i get aftermarket shit for it. I am kinda new the wheeler situation so any hints where to get stuff would be cool i wanna pipe it, and mybe do some motor work high compression piston, hot cam, ect....

Right on :thumbs: I just got a new TRX450r a few months ago, I've only taken it out once though because its been so hot and I live by the beach. You should be able to find a lot of aftermarket stuff jus by searching yfz450 online. Have fun with it!

ebay is your friend, do some searching around ATV forums, I believe there is one just for the yfz's but cant think of it off the top of my head. Look around it and see what has the + reviews and what doesnt then look around ebay for parts. There is always someone selling excellent used parts for these machines. Just to start off, get that bike jetted correctly and it will wake it up, normally from the factory they arent jetted for optimal performance unless it has already been done. Does it have any work to it as of now?

ebay is your friend, do some searching around ATV forums, I believe there is one just for the yfz's but cant think of it off the top of my head.  Look around it and see what has the + reviews and what doesnt then look around ebay for parts.  There is always someone selling excellent used parts for these machines.  Just to start off, get that bike jetted correctly and it will wake it up, normally from the factory they arent jetted for optimal performance unless it has already been done.  Does it have any work to it as of now?

:withstupid: Exhaust is usually number one on the list with a new air filter. The thing of it all is, I dont like loud on my quads, I tend to stay as close to stock DB as possible, just gain flow. The Yfz out of the box is really good quad. Mess with the carb(tune) and adjust the suspension till your happy. What is your ride style, that will also vary the mods you will need/want...

Yeah kaotik brought up a great point as well, loud isnt good!!! Being loud can cause more damage than good with riding places etc. Plus people seem to have the idea that loud means faster, these are normally the morons that you find in a parking area where people park before they ride doing donuts and kicking rocks up and hitting everyones rides :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
any know who can do motor work on a quad in PA

East coast ATV, I use to work for the owner about 10yrs ago when I was like 15, give them a ring and see what they can do for whatever you want. They obviously know their sh!t cause there quads are the top racers these days. Ask for Dave, he is the one who will set you up