Rolly pan quesiton

I went to a body shop today to get the quote for the install i wasnt happy with the price so i going to check around other places, but while i was there he told me that if they molded it that it would crack in the winter here. I was just wandering if anybody had one in a cold climate so that i had some idea of what would happen to the molding if i did have it done

im such an idoit wtf is a ROLLY pan....i need to learn to type

:dunno: I don't know, but it made me laugh pretty hard :crackup:

LOL :withstupid: I had an F-150 sport when I was attending Wyo Tech, it was a regular cab shortbed stepside and thet bed was composite and everyone kept telling me to becarefull with it because in negative tepatures it was known to shatter if hit. I could see the same happening with plastic and or a seam/filled area because it will get very brittle.

im such an idoit wtf is a ROLLY pan....i need to learn to type

:dunno: I don't know, but it made me laugh pretty hard :crackup:

LOL :withstupid: I had an F-150 sport when I was attending Wyo Tech, it was a regular cab shortbed stepside and thet bed was composite and everyone kept telling me to becarefull with it because in negative tepatures it was known to shatter if hit. I could see the same happening with plastic and or a seam/filled area because it will get very brittle.

you went to wyo tech? one of my good friends reallty want to go there. can you tell me bout your experience

Get one that is made of steel.  Sir Michaels  :thumbs:

That'd be a great suggestion.........

if he didn't have an SS :P

I don't think anyone that has molded in a pan has experienced severe cold... I know the pan on my SS never had a problem, but the worst it saw in winter was 50's, that... most of the time it was dealing with heat.

My suggestion is that if you are unsure don't do it... it'd really suck to have to try and fix it if it did crack... just leave the seems... they don't look that noticable anyways IMO.

Get one that is made of steel.  Sir Michaels  :thumbs:

That'd be a great suggestion.........

if he didn't have an SS :P

I don't think anyone that has molded in a pan has experienced severe cold... I know the pan on my SS never had a problem, but the worst it saw in winter was 50's, that... most of the time it was dealing with heat.

My suggestion is that if you are unsure don't do it... it'd really suck to have to try and fix it if it did crack... just leave the seems... they don't look that noticable anyways IMO.

i can still have the seams taken out later on down the road??

I'm not to sure about the Glass, But if it is similar to the plastic our Front Bumper Covers are made of ... It won't last.

I tapped a Snowbank that had been "Frozen" awhile. It was only about 15*F out, and it cracked the S% out of the Bumper Cover. Also Snapped off the grey Brake Duct clean off. This happened at

Had a buddy with an aftermarket Cowl FiberGlass Hood. Where it Bolts to the hinges, it started to crack and rattle loose in the winter.