new pcmforless not making much of a diff

sweetestride

i just installed my new computer, from pcmforless, and i don't notice a difference in power. does anyone know y?

You may need a crank relearn procedure performed. Any dealer or shop with a Tech 2 can perform this, or anyone with EFI Live or HPTuners (I think) can do it for you.

Not saying that it is a definite, but if this was not the original PCM in your truck, then this procedure definitely needs to be performed.

There was a how to on this, I just cant find it.

Crank relearn is a very simple procedure, but it requires the use of a special tool... Tech 2, Snap-on tool, EFI Live or HPTuners to name a few.

Takes all of 5 seconds once you're set up and ready to go.

PCM relearn procedure...FOUND HERE

My pcmforless install was pretty painless and you could feel the difference in shifts and the overall feel of the truck was much better from a dig...I had Bryan take all the TM off he could, raise the rev limiter, delete speed limiter, and firm up the shift points

Hope that helps

Oh I know that, I mean once you install the PCM the series of key turns and what not. It was not a one shot deal from what I remember.

:thumbs:

Here it is from memory:

Attempt to start it, if it fails, leave the key in the run position for 10-12 minutes (until security light goes off).

Turn ignition off for 30-45 seconds.

Attempt to start again.

On the 4th start attempt it should fire right up.

Crank relearn is a very simple procedure, but it requires the use of a special tool... Tech 2, Snap-on tool, EFI Live or HPTuners to name a few.

Will the EfiLive scanning only software do a crank relearn? BTW, I thought the SES light was supposed to come on if you needed a crank relearn? :confused:

Will the EfiLive scanning only software do a crank relearn? BTW, I thought the SES light was supposed to come on if you needed a crank relearn? :confused:

Scan only should do it, as it is a scanner function.

My PCMForless tune had the SES light disabled for the crank relearn... :nonod:

Okay, I just had the laptop hooked up and the only thing I can see with the EFILive scan only software is Diagnostic trouble codes and clear diagnostic trouble codes. I tried clearing diagnostic trouble codes but it says it will only do emissions related codes. It also showed no codes ( or any for Crank Position for that matter) at all. Any ideas? Is there another way to just select crank position relearn and do that only? :confused: Thanks.

Chris

Edited by foxySS (see edit history)