Buying my first house....

FuelSlut

Congrats on the new house. :thumbs: Melvindale has some nice areas. Since you can affaord the payments easily, try dropping an extra $50-$100 a month into your payment. You'd be amazed how fast it adds up. Paid my 15 year mortgage off in a little over 9 years doing that. Now all I've got is insurance and taxes.

As far as it being a numbers game. I know what Zippy is saying but if your $100,000 house appreciates to $150,000 over say 10 years it's going to cost $150,000 to buy something comparible. BUT if you spend $800-$900 a month renting after 10 years you have $0. :cry: Even if you put the payment difference in the bank every month (which most people won't), you still are not ahead because that $100,000 house now costs $150,000 to buy. Buying real estate is still the smartest move you can make 99.9% of the time. Enjoy!

Thanks for the support guys.... i truely aprecieate it. As far as the stress goes, this ones virtually stress free (as much as it can be), no realitor, no inspector, all appliances & furniture inclusive etc., the house is in Melvindale (nice area actually, where this ones at, damn near allen park anyway) but anywho... my great grandmother reciently passed away.... 93 years of age, she is def. in a better place now, and no longer in pain or suffering... and she more than anyone i know deserves more than anything to be in that place (only person i know of to have gone through two rosaries on account of WEAR!), anyway... this house... was hers, and now is left to her three children (my grandmother, my great aunt and my great uncle) they are selling the house to anyone in the family for 30,000 less than the appraised value... that being myself... and like i said "all inclusive"... not to meantion, being that i am able to purchase the house for less than the appraised value, i obtain equity automatically... which is a nice bonus...

im excited... bottom line... it being this affordable, i still maintain the "living within my means" stature i like to keep....

the way i see it... reguardless the house, id be a fool to pass this deal by... no offense to anyone, but the way ive seen things... i would be wasting my money most definatly, living in an apartment (as of right now)....

along side the affordable payment, i have a buddy of mine (life long friend) moving in and paying rent (he refuses to "free-load"), i see that as my cable bill amoungst other finances etc...

i cant wait (to move my tool box on into the garage!!!)

Sorry for your loss man. Post a pic of your tool box in its new home :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

thanks a lot guys, thank you aswell mr. P, as i said before... she is at peace now... without a doubt in our minds, shes def. smiling down on me along with my great grandfather (the ONLY wrench/gear-head other than myself, that was in my family)

...along with my great grandfather (the ONLY wrench/gear-head other than myself, that was in my family)

That's cool; same story here, my dad's dad was the only other gearhead in the family. I'm sure your great grandad would have loved your truck.

So, when's the all-nighter scare-the-neighbors multi-kegger open house?! :jester:

...along with my great grandfather (the ONLY wrench/gear-head other than myself, that was in my family)

That's cool; same story here, my dad's dad was the only other gearhead in the family. I'm sure your great grandad would have loved your truck.

So, when's the all-nighter scare-the-neighbors multi-kegger open house?! :jester:

yeah, you gotta do that! Let the neighbors know who the new kid in town is :D haha

• 3 weeks later...

hope to be in late this month, if all goes well... Irock financial got me at 5.125% on a 30yr. fixed... approved and ready... just waiting for my grandmother to gather up what she needs/is intitled to from the house

Before you move in you should do any mods before you move in :D

I can hook you up if there are hard wood floors in the house-this adds tons of value

I also do ceramic tile-yes more value :D

it is easier to do these big projects before you move in.

PM me I can give you my #

congrats

later

thanks for the info Joe... help me with the house and ill teach you all i know aboot drag racing (free tenths off!!!) :crackup:

hmm.... SSS.com housewarming party.... $10 a head, i could make a killing!!! j/k however, not too shabby an idea

thanks again for the support aswell guys, truely aprecieate it :thumbs:

Archived