BFG All-Terrain T/A KOs

With the heat wave my brain is thinking snow. Twisted I know. :D

The original tires on the SS are due up for replacement before winter hits and I'm debating between the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires in either 285/55 SR20 or 325/60 SR20.

Realizing the 285s will fit the wheel very nicely and perform theoretically better in the snow than the 325s, I'm still torn by how sweet the 325s would look with the extra tread width.

Will 325s look stupid on a 8.5" wheel since they are pushing the limits of the recommend rim width? Will I really give up that much on winter driving in 2-6" of snow? Tire height is not a problem, EFILive and lift kits take care of those problems. ;)

The BFGs will be going on stock size and offset 20 x 8.5" Weld Racing Velociti 6 forged wheels.

Velociti6Small.jpg

No, I'm not buying Toyo tires...and my SS is a 100 mph AWD sled hauling machine in the winter, not some sissy fair weather lowered truck that never gets off asphalt.

:P

With the heat wave my brain is thinking snow. Twisted I know.  :D

The original tires on the SS are due up for replacement before winter hits and I'm debating between the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO tires in either 285/55 SR20 or 325/60 SR20.

Realizing the 285s will fit the wheel very nicely and perform theoretically better in the snow than the 325s, I'm still torn by how sweet the 325s would look with the extra tread width.

Will 325s look stupid on a 8.5" wheel since they are pushing the limits of the recommend rim width? Will I really give up that much on winter driving in 2-6" of snow? Tire height is not a problem, EFILive and lift kits take care of those problems.  ;)

The BFGs will be going on stock size and offset 20 x 8.5" Weld Racing Velociti 6 forged wheels.

Velociti6Small.jpg

No, I'm not buying Toyo tires...and my SS is a 100 mph AWD sled hauling machine in the winter, not some sissy fair weather lowered truck that never gets off asphalt.

:P

IMO, the 325/60 will be MUCH too tall of a tire to fit in the wheel well. 305/50/20 that I am running right now has some very very slight rubbing at full lock on the front fenders. 325/60 would have severe rubbing...

Oh, and those wheels are a good choice. Same model, size, offset that I'm running. :D I've got Toyo's wrapped around them though. :jester:

the 325/60 wont fit unless you lift it at least 4" if not more. the 325/60 is a little over 35". i would just stick with the 285/55 The bfg at's imo are the best tire all around. I had a set on every 4wd i have ever drove.