Grill Question

Hi Guys,

I posted this in another sub-forum and got no response, so I thought I'd try here.

I do not have a SS but love the looks of them. I have an off topic question...I have a 2005 Chevy 3500 Dually and need it for the hauling that I do...but any way I love the Blacked out look of the SS and want to put an SS grill in my truck. Other than a grill, what other fascia do I need to black it out? I called the local dealer and he told me to get a vin # to get a part number for the grill. To the point, does anybody know if a SS grill fit a 05 HD body style? If so, does anyone have a part # for a black SS grill?

Thanks

Are you talking about a factory grill, or an aftermarket grill?

If you are talking about a factory grill for your HD dually then you would have to use the 2006 Silverado SS grill components because your 2005 HD has the chrome line grill and the Silverado SS's did not come out with the newer grill style until 2006.

If you are looking at just bolting on a grill, try Carriage Works or Street Scene.

If you want a front bumper for your HD that is SS styled then pick up a Truckin' magazine at your local stand or store, they have two page ads that sell all kinds of different bumpers, SS style, etc. In my opinion, I would buy one from one of these retailers rather than buying OEM, because OEM are going to be pretty expensive. Good Luck!

Teddy

or you can aways professionally paint the grill shell and respective gill inserts to give you that blackd out look. slap on a chrome bow tie and take off the reflectors and your golden :cool:

It sounds to me like he just want's the grill shell without the chrome and the best bet would be to just get a vin# from someone with an 06 SS that is black since the grill shells come painted and ready to go on. I ordered one for my VHO but it's not the HD style grill and I used Chase's vin# from his black 04 since my truck is charcoal grey met. I didn't wanna see red silver or blue underneath any possible chips to come in the future, and the grill came gloss black as if it has just been painted. I am assuming your truck is black by the way you are talking?