performance w/cut outs

04CHASE

well i have my new exhaust ordered( pacessetters,new magnaflow mettallic cats 59959, dougs guillotine cutouts and magnaflow dual in/out with built in x pipe. im planning on putting the e cutouts behind the cats. So iwhat i want to know is what will give me more performance or better #'s at the track with my set up(vortech blower). with the cut outs open or closed.

any thoughts???

well i have my new exhaust ordered( pacessetters,new magnaflow mettallic cats 59959, dougs guillotine cutouts and magnaflow dual in/out with built in x pipe. im planning on putting the e cutouts behind the cats. So iwhat i want to know is what will give me more performance or better #'s at the track with my set up(vortech blower). with the cut outs open or closed.

any thoughts???

After the cats, could give you a small performance gain, not much though.

Auto Club Dragway (Fontana) and some other tracks have muffler rules:

Exhaust: Must be routed through street legal muffler(s). All runs will be monitored on a decibel meter (100db at 100" from the strip). If it is too loud you will not be allowed to run. NO EXCEPTIONS! It is your responsibility.

I saw a guy get kicked out last Saturday for being too loud.

Click here for more rules.

Why get them if you'd plan to run them closed? You haven't purchased them already?

I would want to see how the motor liked them before I made up my mind. You may find you get a tad lean, but you could always check on your wb or logging software.

my truck isnt that loud, adam had his open and they didnt say anything!

Adams truck was not as loud as the guy who got kicked out on Saturday.

Not yet anyhow. :jester:

Yeah, hopefully they dont dick me around when I have my new setup. :(

they don't dick around with anyone who follows their rules. every track has different rules though.

as long as you wear the proper helmet and clothes and don't run your cutouts open, you will be fine, until you go quicker than 11.50's. then things start to get a bit tougher.

they don't dick around with anyone who follows their rules. every track has different rules though.

as long as you wear the proper helmet and clothes and don't run your cutouts open, you will be fine, until you go quicker than 11.50's. then things start to get a bit tougher.

Really, that's sucks. I dont see what the big deal is with my truck being loud? :dunno: I mean its setup to run with them open so....

just picked up the cut outs , they are very nice and stainless!!

I think that calls for some pictures of them off and on too :thumbs:

:thumbs:

im waiting for my other parts to come in before i post picss. the muffler will be here wednesday and the cats shoudld be here friday. no i hope the dam headers dont take forever!

• 1 month later...

one more thing i thought of, will having the y pipe with the cutouts create more resistance since the exhaust will travel down towards the cutout but then be blocked by it and have to come back? how bad will this hurt performance?