Trans cooler and Intercooler mounting

Black2003SS

I have reviewed the Radix instructions and they are self explainitory for where to mount the intercooler for the blower. Now it says it gets mounted over the current trans cooler in most applications. I also have a B&M superduty trans cooler. Where should I mount that at? I know I want it up front somewhere since its not the framerail kind to mount. Any suggestions? I am planning the install this next weekend and I am going to attempt it myself.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Depends on how you mounted your transmission cooler. If you mounted the transmission cooler close to the hood latch braces, then the heat exchanger should fit in front of the transmission cooler just fine. You can see the Radix heat exchanger spacers still on the lower bracket that is holding my transmission cooler (too lazy to dig out the stock bolts, so I left them there).

CRW_1116.jpg

Personally, I think the best place for the heat exchanger is in the lower grill opening, with some electic fans. Better airflow and faster cool down at the stop light.

HPIM0635.JPG

Electric fans tied to the heat exchanger pump circuit via relay.

HPIM0652.JPG

Plastic ducting to try and force the air through the heat exchanger when the truck is moving.

HPIM1095.jpg

Go to PT.net and ask blownchevy to get you the pieces to install your h/e in the lower opening. The pieces come from the Joe Gibbs trucks. It was where I had mine and there is nothing to fabricate. RevolutionRaceWorks may have them on here.