AZSpeed-Marine Headers

foxySS

Wondering how well these headers will work with our trucks.

http://www.azspeed-marine.com/arspandmagmt.html

Also, curious to know how easy installation and fitment is for them. Are they mid length? Anybody have any comparisons between these and pacesetters or dynatechs. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASMs are nice headers. Fitment is perfect. One thing I liked about ASMs vs the Pacesetters that I now have, is that the ASMs accounted for you keeping your cats. Pacesetter doesn't really care one way or the other. It forces you more to do something custom, or otherwise. ASMs can be done in no time with a little welding.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought the Pacestters from the beginning, if they had them then. As it was, buying the ASMs first, I was looking almost immediately how to change it to what I now have.

For the price, nothing touches Pacesetters. Ask me again in 6months.

ASMs are nice headers.  Fitment is perfect.  One thing I liked about ASMs vs the Pacesetters that I now have, is that the ASMs accounted for you keeping your cats.  Pacesetter doesn't really care one way or the other.  It forces you more to do something custom, or otherwise.  ASMs can be done in no time with a little welding.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have bought the Pacestters from the beginning, if they had them then.  As it was, buying the ASMs first, I was looking almost immediately how to change it to what I now have.

For the price, nothing touches Pacesetters.  Ask me again in 6months.

Ben, do you think it's worth it for the Pacesetters with all the extra cost and headache involved? Ie: A lot more welding, fabing, new pipes, and extra install cost? Is the power difference that much more than ASMs?

So I take it, the ASM's are mid-length then since they don't go 5" back to where the cat would be? Or do they?

Those AZspeed-marine headers look pretty nice. Hey Krambo, are they mid-length? Did they give you a good power boost? How about fitment?

Thanks. :cheers:

Chris

asm are longtubes but liek ben said pacesetters are a great deal . and fabbing the exhuast isnt as bad as it sounds. i just got my pacesetters in the mail today along with my new magnaflow. i also got some guilliotine e cutouts and new magnaflow cats for a little over 1k for everything!

That's just it...if you plan to put on the headers and leave them and be legal - go with ASMs. If you planned to do any work with it, why not save a little on the headers. Power will probably be about the same. I figure people with FI applications would want more anyway.

Any of you guys tried running true duals straight back from the headers (with cats connected)?  Wondering if it will work with our trucks?

Straight back from the headers? Drivers side has a transfer case in the way. Better pushing the driver's side over to the pass side, then going back.