For all of you with the BSER rollpan

I recieved my rollpan today (thanks BSER) and I have a few questions after reading the instructions that came with it. I haven't done anything yet and it's hot as hell outside so I haven't even gotten a chance to look it over.

1. Did you fit the rollpan on the truck before taking it to the body shop or did you just take the whole rollpan assembly to a shop and let them do it all? I was thinking about removing the bumper and hitch myself, installing the rollpan, then taking it to a shop for them to prep and paint.

2. Did you guys install the two sided tape like the instructions stated? I'm assuming that the rollpan must fit snugly against the cladding on the corners for the two sided tape to be used right?

TIA

I got mine today too. Body shop at dealship was the best quote I got. I'm going to save about 100 dollars by removing the bumper and hitch myself. I was quoted about 250 for the install and about a day for them too do it. They looked at the instruction and said they would handle the rest...

Jac

Edited by ItsJac (see edit history)

my cousin owns a body shop, he prepped the pan for me. I removed the hitch and bumper myself. I also painted and installed the roll pan myself. didn't cost me anything, not even materials because he had victory red left over from another car he did recently.

2. Did you guys install the two sided tape like the instructions stated? I'm assuming that the rollpan must fit snugly against the cladding on the corners for the two sided tape to be used right?

:dunno:

Sorry, I'm no help.... mine was already on there when I bought it....

You don't have to use the double sided tape if you don want too. I quit including it becuse most guys didn't use it. It was just there to eliminate possible vibration noise. I don't have it on mine and its fine.

You don't have to use the double sided tape if you don want too.  I quit including it becuse most guys didn't use it.  It was just there to eliminate possible vibration noise.  I don't have it on mine and its fine.

Very good! I just got my licence plate frame in today, drilled the holes and now I'm taking it in on Monday to get it installed and painted. I can't wait!