help me get started

irving

Hey all!

well i have a SSS 04 AWD and i just need some help on where to start. from what ive read, I think I'll start with a PCM upgrade from Zippy ( if he returns my message) my qustion is this, I have to pass the Ohio E check and i want there to be no problems with that so, can i do a pcm upgrade? headers? blower? please give me your input.

Hey all!

well i have a SSS 04 AWD and i just need some help on  where to start. from what ive read, I think I'll start with a PCM upgrade from Zippy ( if he returns my message) my qustion is this, I have to pass the Ohio E check and i want there to be no problems with that so, can i do a pcm upgrade?  headers? blower? please give me your input.

Welcome to the sight. :cheers:

Zippy can be a little hard to get a hold of some times, he is a busy guy.

Try to PM him again, it will be worth your while. :thumbs:

Welcome and congrats on your new truck! :chevy: Sorry but I don't know exactly what is required for Ohio emissions. But you can achieve quite a bit with these trucks, several of the California guys are putting down good power and still passing emissions there so it CAN be done. Replace the factory muffler (catback), keep the cats. FI is totally doable. The most aggressive emissions changes are typically caused by camming and injector changes, and if you keep the factory (or near factory) cam then the only issue is making sure you do not go so large on the replacement injectors as to introduce idling issues.

Mr. P. :)

Archived