New Fuel System and upgraded intercooler

Yeah im needing to do something with my fuel system. Its no where near where I want to be. With only running 5 PSI it limits what I can do with the turbo. Any one know what I outta do?

did you get the walbro gss 340 intank fule pump?

^

get yerself some army/navy fittings, ditch the A1000 and instead get yerself a 2025, the A1000 seems to have a tendancy to vapor lock even with the voltage regulator. There is no "kit" for the SSS, why would you want one? DIY, if you can install a turbo, why would you not know how to build a fuel system?

:dunno:

Yeah im needing to do something with my fuel system. Its no where near where I want to be. With only running 5 PSI it limits what I can do with the turbo. Any one know what I outta do?

No not yet im still doing the research to figure out whats best. I just need to run 60 injectors so that way I dont have to upgrade later. But any suggetions on what kinda brands out there make the sh@# for the truck. So far I have not found a thing. Im guessing that the corvette injectors will work but thats the thing im only guessing.

^

get yerself some army/navy fittings, ditch the A1000 and instead get yerself a 2025, the A1000 seems to have a tendancy to vapor lock even with the voltage regulator.  There is no "kit" for the SSS, why would you want one?  DIY, if you can install a turbo, why would you not know how to build a fuel system?

:dunno:

By heart Im a honda guy ive been building imports for about 8 years. Put 2 of them in import tuner so the chevy world is all new for me. See I know what injectors would fit what car and what I could do to customize to make them work. "However" since I have put away all the toy cars and gone to V8's Im learning all over as to what brands are the best and what is out there for different trucks. Turbos are all the same they go on the same way and come off the same way. The only differance is the pipeing being streched out and putting in a oil scavenge pump or not. Plus anyone who has ever installed a STS system know its simplicity on how it works and installs. I know how to build my fuel system but Im unaware of whats good out there and what brands to buy and ones to stay away from. Example the Mototron corvette #60 injectors will they fit on a LQ9 SS motor or not? If not what company makes a set that do. Also what company makes a good fuel pump that will supply a 600+hp motor? and what company makes good fuel rails? This is what I was asking to begin with so im sorry for the confusion. Thanks for your input. Info you my truck is bone stock except the STS turbo system and intercooler. So thats all i have at the time. Next step is upgradeing the fuel system for higher boost other than 5psi.

The car injectors will work but they are not a direct replacement, you need to change the wiring harness to the injectors from the truck style to the car style. you also need to add spacer to the fuel rails, the car injectors are longer. There is a how-to in the how-to section that helps alot. Alot of people have done it and have had no problems. the biggest truck style injector is the 8.1l marine 42# injectors, these are a direct swap, you just have to tune the truck for them.

The car injectors will work but they are not a direct replacement, you need to change the wiring harness to the injectors from the truck style to the car style. you also need to add spacer to the fuel rails, the car injectors are longer.  There is a how-to in the how-to section that helps alot.  Alot of people have done it and have had no problems.  the biggest truck style injector is the 8.1l marine 42# injectors, these are a direct swap, you just have to tune the truck for them.

Thanks!!! that helps alot!! Then I will press on with getting these 60's and mod it out.

Weldon 2025 fuel pump, worked when the A1000 kept vapor locking. get ready to pinch your butt-cheaks the Weldon is a tad spendy. but after you get the voltage reg on the aeromotive setup it is near a wash.

I also ahve a brand new BAP for sale. twas gonna use it on another more mild car, but never pulled the trigger. I offer that cuz i read that you are using a 225lph pump. which is just OK, but the step up transformer would make sure your in the safe zone. but then gets back to heating the fuel........

Edited by Meegs (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

nm

Edited by gabbett1 (see edit history)