5 hours of detailing

FINALLY ITS CLEAN!! With the weather being so shitty lately around here its been over 3 weeks since the last time my baby saw any TLC. Full detail job from top to bottom, now lets just hope it doesn't rain or something :banghead:

Snapped a few pics... nothing major... and I don't think I posted any pics of the painted calipers (so rice of me) Anyways, enjoy :cool:

DSC_2634.jpg

DSC_2630.jpg

DSC_2635.jpg

DSC_2636.jpg

DSC_2641.jpg

DSC_2642.jpg

DSC_2647.jpg

DSC_2648.jpg

DSC_2649.jpg

DSC_2652.jpg

Looks really good. :thumbs: Great minds think alike, I've spent all this week attacking my SS with the DA polisher and 3M Perfect-It, then three coats of Zaino; I might get some pictures in when the temps start to come down a bit.

What do you use to clean the plastic? Is there something better than Mother's Back-In-Black? My mirrors are chalky from oxidation and polishing compound...

Mr. P. :)

Looks really good. :thumbs:  Great minds think alike, I've spent all this week attacking my SS with the DA polisher and 3M Perfect-It, then three coats of Zaino; I might get some pictures in when the temps start to come down a bit.

What do you use to clean the plastic?  Is there something better than Mother's Back-In-Black?  My mirrors are chalky from oxidation and polishing compound...

hey P, is the 3M perfect the stuff that is freaking awesome and gets rid of the swirl marks??? get some pics up soon...

on another note im gonna wash the truck ive been handicapped with a damn cast but i c ant take it anymore gonna hit that up now before i lose the sun

Nice job cleaning that baby up you now if only you could leave it parked in the garge it wouldnt get dirty when it rains

Its staying in there untill I'm SURE its not gonna rain... and the sky just keeps getting darker so I may not get a chance to drive it this weekend :(

Looks great man.  How much to do mine? :D   When you gonna start modding that bitch?

My offer stands... you bring beer and lend a hand I will detail the hell out of your truck. You know how good I do on red... I've got tons of experience polishing those rims too :D

I've pretty much decided the TB isn't gonna get modded. I'm shopping for a project vehicle and the TBSS just gets to be the DD and tow rig. I am however getting a couple of freebies from different companies I let do R&D on it so I'll get a couple of mods and that'll be it.

...hey ive heard of this product called DER you should really check it out!!! :D

Hmmmm... maybe I should try it :jester:

What do you use to clean the plastic?  Is there something better than Mother's Back-In-Black?  My mirrors are chalky from oxidation and polishing compound...

I usually use black magic... but back-in-black works good too. Nice thing about DER is it just wipes off of porous plastics with soapy water :thumbs:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

hey P, is the 3M perfect the stuff that is freaking awesome and gets rid of the swirl marks??? get some pics up soon...

on another note im gonna wash the truck ive been handicapped with a damn cast but i c ant take it anymore gonna hit that up now before i lose the sun

BEFORE - this is a clean fender, washed with Dawn detergent and cleaned with body clay. In the reflection of the halogen light you can see a lot of micro-scratches (spider-webbing, caused by washing/drying with common wash cloth or sponge in circular motion), and a couple long heavy scratches (caused by washing with a dirty wash cloth or sponge). You would never see these in the sunlight but under a halogen or flourescent light the real condition of the paint is very clear:

3M-FinesseIt-before.jpg

5-MINUTES LATER - Using a D/A polisher, foam pad, and 3M Perfect-It polishing compound took all the spider-webbing out and almost all the heavy scratches too - man just look at the difference. what you see in the fender is the reflection of a shop bench 3-ft from the truck, the pegboard and wrenches are 5-feet from the truck :eek: ...

3M-FinesseIt-after.jpg

If you really want perfect finish, buff to a final shine using diaper cloth with 3M Hand Glaze.

looks so very sweet dylan!  havent seen much of you over at trailblazerss.com, where ya been?

todd

I'm sure you've noticed the general attitude on that site... too many guys I can see myself just butting heads with repeatedly so rather than start internet drama I stick to my usual haunts... here, GMFullSize, and ShowTruckScene.

lol about tbss.com i know exactly what you mean.

tbss looks good but man those black 22's you had in your sig would just set it off. or maybe that new maggie that just came out. either way keep up the good work. btw tv works awesome!!

you still going to truck jam ??

hey Mr. P, where's the place to get that 3M stuff? I would guess that Car Quest or Napa should have it... :dunno: but I would like to know before I go calling around to people asking for that sweet nectar :D

Oh yeah, Dylan... the TB looks phenominal!!! I wish my truck looked that clean... I try but its hard to keep stuff looking that nice around these parts... :D

Edited by montanass (see edit history)