JB04RST

I ENVY YOU SS GUYS YOU HAVE YOUR VERY OWN SITE... I HAVE A 04 SILVERADO RST WITH THE LIL 4.8 I KNOW I KNOW DOG ME AND MY LIL V-8. BUT I HAVE DONE SOME MODS TO IT, ANYWAYS I AM A BIG FAN OF THE SS AND I REALLY LIKE THIS SITE..

Welcome, that is still a pretty nice truck.

My buddy has a ext 2wd 4.8 that will hang with a stock SS, he has a K/N filter, Corsa exhaust (no cats) and a Hypertech tune. I beleive he put 373 gears in it too :dunno:

Is you A/T or M/T

P.S turn off you cap lock, Zippy wil get on you about it :D

Edited by tawss04 (see edit history)

sorry about the caps lock (have to have for other screen ) ill try to remember next time.. i'll post some pics if i ever get my truck cleaned up... i'll also show some pics of the recent 6-speed swap i did. everyone told me it would be a pain, guess they dont know what pain is. It was easy, almost too easy. Its actually nice to be able to say RST and people actually know what im talking about. The one i have has a brief but hard history, its only got 12 thousand miles but it also had the front end knocked off it too. YES its a salvage truck but you wouldnt know it unless i told you. I have some pics of truck when i bought it, but i might need some help from ya'll to help upload em. Thanks for the warm welcome !!

I originally had a 5 speed trans. but with the mods done to the 4.8 ( its got a few, thats not a cam.. im just missing a plug wire :) it just wasnt holding up and the shift was too sloppy and long so i bought a used tremec 6 speed out of a 02 firebird with 50 thousand miles. originally i was thinking that i was going to have to have drive shaft shortened and trans crossmember modified, cut new shifter location. But after some research i found out that a drive shaft from a automatic reg. cab truck was perfect length so i went out back ( did i mention that i run a salvage yard?) and sure enough perfect fit. Once i got six speed here with a few more measurements even rear trans. crossmember was direct bolt on. Only problem i had was pilot bearing not that it was a real problem. when we were installing it the bearing miked out same but its beveled enough so it wont fit. So i went bought new one for 02 ta and she went right in. even plugs for speedo and reverse were same. biggest decision i had to make was use front shifter location (which was same spot as my old one) or rear location (which would be close to middle and would involve cutting new hole in floor). That was a easy decision the old location would mean i would have to have that 4 foot long shifter or the new location i could use same shifter from the car( i have the b m shifter with even shorter throw but havent installed yet) so i chose to cut the new hole . i have custome console that i am remodifying to put back in shortly. i have some pics of truck originally when i bought it wrecked before trans swap and after but i cant figure out how to load em up.

sounds like a plan, only other thing i didnt mention when i swapped trans. is that with the 20 inch wheels im running even though i got the 3.73L gears i will have to swap gears out on rear end now--- im going with either the 4.10 or 4.56's in next few weeks--if your ever up in d/fw let mw know and we can get together