F#(K !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haahah  I made that sig because everyone has their trucks and hot chicks in thier sigs...  I had to change it up a bit!

Chase, if you need a ride while yours is down... I will loan you the beater in the pic... the catch is, you need to let the fatty sit shotgun!!

:thumbs:

That b!tch is so nasty I might just have to remove that pic! :puke:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chase,

I am rebuilding a stock long block and I ran into a similar low oil pressure before the motor got pulled, and it turned out to be a improperly seated cam breaing. It was only riding on half the bearing surface and the oil was bleeding off into the crank case.

Might want to ask them to check that while the pan is off, not like they wont be thorough......

Good luck with it.

P.S. That is a Huge Biatch!!

If they end up doing the overhaul yep recomend spending the cash and if you know the guy in the service dept see if you can have them just throw on a LPE oil pump or maybe one from thunder.. Alot of places offer the ported gen3 pump you can actually do it yourself... buttt I wouldnt recomend it if you have never done it.

well im waiting for the tow truck to go to the dealership. i talked to my buddy and he said that it can very well be a spun cam bearing. and with that the block would be screwed. I hate to say it but a new engine may be the only way out i just hope i dont need to pay for it. if this does happen . im going to have to order a new cam and im going to use the oil pump from lpe. will post info as soon as i find out wtf.

Anyone have a culprit on why this may have happened???

Spun cam bearings.....a brand new block will come with cam bearings that you can already see copper showing through, if that means anything. When I got my new block the first thing I did was replace them. Also, were you super careful to not ding the bearings up from your previous cam install?

If the bearings are spun you do not need a new block. The journals will have to be bored and cam bearings with a larger od, but the same id will need to go in. Although, the cost of the journal boring can be costly and almost equal the $650 cost of a new block.

Here's what I would do... "Dang honey, the engine is screwed. The only option is this 402 from SLP for $3595..." :lol:

Seriously though, I wouldn't feel safe until I had the engine torn all the way down to find out what all damage had been done. There are to many places for pieces of metal to hide inside an engine to only do it half assed. Good luck with the rebirth. :thumbs:

UPDATE:

spun cam bearing!! :banghead::banghead: THere were all kind sof metal shavings in the pan when it was pulled. SO now im waiting to see if im going to get a new engine under warranty or if im going to have to do it on my own. i think if im going to have to do it on my own i am going to sell the vortech and use the money to build a 408 and stay n/a. im getting tired of dumping all of my money into it and this has got me so pissed off right now i just want to drive it off a cliff but it doesent even drive so i cant do that!

anyone know what can cause sa spun cam bearing ?? i just want to know wtf i did wrong so it does not happen again!

If you've installed an aftermarket cam, (the one in your sig) you most likely nicked a bearing during the remove/install. You can also unseat a cam bearing without nicking it by putting to much pressure on the end of the cam (i.e. not using a handle to properly support the cam as it comes out/goes in, or letting it "rest" halfway in as you get a better grip or something like that).

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)