1st gear out

Punched her ( the SS :) ) coming off a stop light and the truck hooked up and then the rpms just spun up, as if i was in neutral. I cant take off from D or 3, however 1,2, and R work. I can take off from 2 and shift into 3 but D is still like N. So did I fry my Clutch pack or is it more.

Ya know I did the same thing a while ago and it did the same thing...but its been fine since...I'm getting the 30,000 mile service tomorrow...I thought I blew the tranny too...

Did you fry your clutch pack??? Did you blow your 1-2 clutch??? It's nice to see how well the self diagnosis is going for you. If I were checking out your truck I don't think I'd bother with an accumulator piston. The first thing I'd check is the Forward Sprag.

Did you fry your clutch pack??? Did you blow your 1-2 clutch??? It's nice to see how well the self diagnosis is going for you. If I were checking out your truck I don't think I'd bother with an accumulator piston. The first thing I'd check is the Forward Sprag.

Update...they installed the metal piston and still no drive. From here they are now dropping the tranny and will find out what it is.

Archived