United states farthest north

packjh

looking at the pin map today i realzied that in the states i would be the farthest north SS here i really need to get some guys around fairbanks to join i just never see them parked always going the other way. I thought we had some canadian members here, maybe get canada on he map as :D

Does it count that back in 1974 I lived at either 1115 or 1515(can't remember for sure) Koyukuk St., in Fairbanks? :D

i see you realized it was to freakin cold and left

hehe, well, now that you mention it, yes it did get to freakin cold! If I remember correctly it got to around 40 below before I left in mid Dec. The real reason I left is there were thousands of people up there wanting what I wanted; a job on the pipeline, and there were non to be had so I left. While I was up there I worked for a little air freight outfit called Fairbanks Air Service loading airplanes for them.

I was the farthest member north but i left up there.  I quite enjoy being where i am at now lol.

lol yea, this whole delta to faibanks area is just way to cold coldest i seen it was -50 something after -10 you really just dont want to go outside.

I was the farthest member north but i left up there.  I quite enjoy being where i am at now lol.

lol yea, this whole delta to faibanks area is just way to cold coldest i seen it was -50 something after -10 you really just dont want to go outside.

I hear you on that. We still loaded planes in the cold. One of them broke down and it took the mechanics about 2 weeks to get it warm enough to start. The planes were WWII era C-46's with I think 21 cylinder radial engines. All of our equipment that sat outside idled all the time, never shut them off. Inbound planes would radio ahead and the mechanics would get the blankets and heaters all ready and as soon as the props quit turning they were buttoning them up.

But you have the nicest northern light displays that I've ever seen.

I hear you on that. We still loaded planes in the cold. One of them broke down and it took the mechanics about 2 weeks to get it warm enough to start. The planes were WWII era C-46's with I think 21 cylinder radial engines. All of our equipment that sat outside idled all the time, never shut them off. Inbound planes would radio ahead and the mechanics would get the blankets and heaters all ready and as soon as the props quit turning they were buttoning them up.

But you have the nicest northern light displays that I've ever seen.

yes it is very trippy like being on drugs but not on drugs