autometer gauge question

jon1178

i just bought my fuel pressure gauge and air/fuel meter install looks to be fairly straight forward. the question that i have is more about the air/fuel guage this gauge does not come with a lot of wire only a couple feet anyone that is using this gauge did you have to piece together more wire to do the install?? and for the gauges did you just tape into fuses in the fuse box for your power?? if you have any pics of the setup that would be great.

thanks, jon

ok well i have come to the conclusion from doing a little searching that i am not going to be able to finish the install on my fuel pressure gauge today because i will need to order some fitting to make it work. so does anyone have the part # for the fittings needed i could not find part #'s in any of the old post about this.

now on to the air/fuel ratio guage. ok only a couple wires here great!! it says to tap into the O2 wire going into the pcm?? anybody remember which wire that is? color and location???

Go to ANplumbing.com - there you should be able to find what you need. The fitting size is 1/8th NPT that you need. Personally, I would return that A/F guage. They are not worth the money for the accuracy they have.

Go to ANplumbing.com - there you should be able to find what you need.  The fitting size is 1/8th NPT that you need.  Personally, I would return that A/F guage.  They are not worth the money for the accuracy they have.

since i am n/a at this time and do not need a boost gauge what other gauge would you recommend?? i have a 3 gauge pillar pod was and the 3 guages i have right now are fuel pressure, a/f ratio, interceptor gauges.

Not saying that an AFR gauge is a bad choice, but the ones that are tapping into your stock O2s are not worth much. Get one that uses a wideband sensor - like a LC-1 by innovative motorsports. Or, if that were a little pricey for you, I'd go with a 2nd interceptor gauge and watch more things at once.