How many miles w/FI?

Don't know if this is allowed here since it is not of a technical nature. This question is strictly for the forced induction folks. I'm just curious, how many miles do ya'll have on your trucks since going forced induction?

How many trouble free miles?

Obviously, your gonna take somewhat of a hit in the reliability department. I would just like to hear some personal experiences out of curiosity.

I wish I was brave enough and had the green to do this for myself.:cheers:

I put the Radix on at 2,500 and have 50,000 miles with it on. Only problem has been the catalytic converters going bad. Probably because I ran a pre-production tune for a couple years without realizing it. The richer tune passed too much fuel to the cats, making them overheat. At least that is what GM said when they denied warranty on the cats. Nobody else has reported this problem with the Radix, so I have to believe it was either the pre-production tune or defective cats. Had the transmission filter serviced recently, and they said things looked real clean inside, no parts falling into the pan or anything... :thumbs:

I set my business trip odometer when I installed my Radix and just checked it....43,513 trouble free miles since I installed my Radix. I alternate between a 2.9" and 2.75" pulley and have had absolutely no problems. I have 74,301 total miles on my SSS.

I love this truck!!

45,000 boosted and beaten miles... :devil:

tensioners and transmissions... only one of which i can change on the side of the road and keep a spare on my person at all times.... hope you can figure that one out :crackup:

Thanks for the replies guys! Wow, those results are way more positive than what I was preparing to hear considering the added strain these systems put on an otherwise stock driveline. Very interesting results indeed. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll knock on wood to make sure that I didn't jinx anyone. :D

Archived