PCM Questions

fox_forma

I know there is a ton of talk about PCM tuning, etc but I had kinda a different question on the matter. I have my tuned PCM which I just pulled out and put the stocker so i can get re-tuned for a few things. I have the W4M (wait4meperformance) tune and it has been decent for the most part but my buddy got a W4M tune for his 5.3 and his made a huge difference compared to mine. Since I got a whole extra tuned PCM I was kinda wondering if there is a major difference between a 5.3 stocker compared to the 6.0's tunes. How different would the tables be if any? Not sure if that makes sence but if there is a decent size difference in how their tuned I'm thinking maybe W4M grabbed a 5.3 PCM that was stock tuned and tweaked the tables possibly for a 5.3 complete tune which doesnt give me the full potential :dunno:

Second I was looking at the serial numbers on both PCM's, is there anything I need to look for, maybe to tell me if its the right or wrong PCM maybe? I doubt it is but just wanted to check.

I guess Jesse from W4M doesnt really like to bump the line pressure all that much for shifts either cause there not much off from stock. What % can I tell him to actually put it to and still be safe, if the trans lets go i still got warrenty but would def like some better shifts without going the shift kit route yet. I know blah blah blah :cheers:

I have heard that there is some problems if the computers are not the same year, it might still work but it might not.

Get a shift kit and dont fake one at the PCM.

I think it was link by me in another thread where a guy had both tuned PCM's and did some side by side stuff (fullsizechevy.com????)

The 6 and 5.3 are different beasts, I would guess the program is not the same.

I had full intentions of getting a shift kit but now its on hold due to a few things so i would at least like to have firmer shifts for now. Plus I get unlimited tuning with my PCM so when time does come for a shift kit then I just send the PCM back for that.

I believe this is the VIN of the PCM that I received, anyone tell me what this is out of?

86YDBS9030640J9G1, if that even is a VIN but I assume it is.

There were also a few more numbers after those which read 12580788, they were more to the right of the number above

Archived